What's new

I am having a problem with disney+ and CBS All Access if I put DNS servers in the IPV6 settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ellsworth

Occasional Visitor
I am using 386.1 for my router. I used to be able to stream Disney+ to my Hisense TV (AndroidTV 5) with no problems. However, I could never get CBS All Access to stream. Then, since I upgraded to 386.1 Disney+ would no longer stream properly. I played around with many settings (especially my diversion settings) but nothing seemed to fix the problem. There were no dnsmasq blockinglist domains related to Disney+ showing up so it was not anything related to ad blocking.

However, when looking at the settings for IPV6, I had added IPV6 DNS servers 2620:0:ccc::2 (OpenDNS), 2001:4860:4860::8888 (Google), and 2001:4860:4860::8844 (Google), and selected disabled connect to DNS servers automatically. When I enabled connect to DNS servers automatically the problem went away. So it looks like some weird problem with setting DNS servers in the IPV6 page. Merlin must be doing something funny with IPV6 DNS servers.

Things are working much better now with my AndroidTV but you might want to check this out for future builds.

I had added IPV6 DNS servers 2620:0:ccc::2 (OpenDNS)
This is listed as a Sandbox service for OpenDNS. Maybe it was unreliable.

I am using 386.1 for my router. I used to be able to stream Disney+ to my Hisense TV (AndroidTV 5) with no problems. However, I could never get CBS All Access to stream. Then, since I upgraded to 386.1 Disney+ would no longer stream properly. I played around with many settings (especially my diversion settings) but nothing seemed to fix the problem. There were no dnsmasq blockinglist domains related to Disney+ showing up so it was not anything related to ad blocking.

However, when looking at the settings for IPV6, I had added IPV6 DNS servers 2620:0:ccc::2 (OpenDNS), 2001:4860:4860::8888 (Google), and 2001:4860:4860::8844 (Google), and selected disabled connect to DNS servers automatically. When I enabled connect to DNS servers automatically the problem went away. So it looks like some weird problem with setting DNS servers in the IPV6 page. Merlin must be doing something funny with IPV6 DNS servers.

Things are working much better now with my AndroidTV but you might want to check this out for future builds.
FWIW, I am using Google IPv6 DNS servers and have no problems with Disney+ through my Roku.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!