What's new

I need your advice with my XT8 Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shafiro

New Around Here
Greetings.
We have a 3 unit XT8 mesh setup (wireless backhaul) which used to work very well. About a month ago I noticed connection problem with some devices (echo 4 etc), checked the nodes and found both are flashing blue and red every 5 minutes. Searching for a solution I found this forum, and after a lot of effort I was able to stabilize things a little by flashing very old 26044 firmware.
I have an option to return those for a full refund, but when I read the reviews of similar wifi 6 mesh tri-band alternatives like deco X90 / RBK XXX, I see many owners are facing similar issues with bad firmware.
If there is no stable alternative, what would I get from returning these? Our house is 3 story with basement, around 3500sf, and we want the best coverage around the house and garden.
Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

I have 4 pieces XT8 in 3 stories WiFi backhaul, and I am using the latest firmware without any issues, this is super stable solution. I am even upgrading firmware without any resets, and it works correctly (even with weak connection backhaul nodes). I am impressed with this solution performance (which should be good because it is very expensive).

I just only once did WPS hard reset in all 4 pieces when something stopped working, so my advice is to upgrade firmware and make WPS hard reset to clean up.