What's new

I only get 2 bars of Wifi instead of 3 in the back of the house should I get a 2nd Asus RT-AC66U B1 or upgrade the whole router to something better ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
RT-N66U B1 seems to be really stable. I was just thinking of getting a second one and use AIMesh I think it is called to extend the wireless signal using both routers. Unless it does not work in AP mode. Yes I am using Merlin firmware too not sure if that makes a difference.

So is it worth doing this or it won't work ?

I would put the second Asus RT-AC66U B1 in the back of the house.

Edit: I fixed my labeling mistake of router like Tech9 said! Thank you.

Last edited:
The router is RT-AC66U B1, perhaps? There is no problem with 2 bars. What's the connection quality/speed there?

The router is RT-AC66U B1, perhaps? There is no problem with 2 bars. What's the connection quality/speed there?

Yes sorry.

RT-AC66U B1 my mistake.

Ok good to hear! I still get a pretty stable connection but sometimes it does not want to work wifi in the back which is weird. Thought maybe only 2 bars was the issue. Guess not. That is ok.

Sorry one more question what the best way to test to see if the router/2 bars is causing the issue of the wifi not working when I go to my phone or unlock my phone ?

Without knowing your router Wi-Fi settings and your phone OS and Wi-Fi settings it's impossible to answer this question. My guess is your phone goes into deep sleep and disconnects the Wi-Fi radio. Check the phone settings first.

Without knowing your router Wi-Fi settings and your phone OS and Wi-Fi settings it's impossible to answer this question. My guess is your phone goes into deep sleep and disconnects the Wi-Fi radio. Check the phone settings first.

Ok thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!