What's new

Ignoring manually assigned IP and using DHCP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Milster

New Around Here
Hi all. I have a DSL-AC3100 which works great and has bunch of manually assigned IP addresses based on the MAC adddress of a given device. My daughter has just got an iPhone Xs max running the latest os and for the life of me I can not get it to pick up the IP address I want to assign to it. It keeps on getting an IP via DHCP. I'm a bit lost as to what I can do besides configuring the iphone with manual settings. But usually you can have the iphone on automatic settings, the router recognises it's MAC and assigns the specified IP address. Thanks. Milster

Hi all. I have a DSL-AC3100 which works great and has bunch of manually assigned IP addresses based on the MAC adddress of a given device. My daughter has just got an iPhone Xs max running the latest os and for the life of me I can not get it to pick up the IP address I want to assign to it. It keeps on getting an IP via DHCP. I'm a bit lost as to what I can do besides configuring the iphone with manual settings. But usually you can have the iphone on automatic settings, the router recognises it's MAC and assigns the specified IP address. Thanks. Milster

Turn the phone off and then turn it on after a couple of minutes. :)

Turn the phone off and then turn it on after a couple of minutes. :)
Hi. And thank you for the advice but that didn't work. I'm stumped. I guess I'll need to setup the phone manually. Maybe the latest iOS doesn't broadcast the MAC address prior to connecting. Dunno. :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!