What's new

I'm at my wits end, SMB just doesn't work (RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nico3d3

New Around Here
I installed Merlin because I wanted to use SMBv2 on an RT-AX86U but, it fail to connect in all my devices. Can't access from my Nvidia Shield or my Windows 11 PC or my Android phone. Server is configured correctly and it worked for a few hours but, all of a sudden it completely stopped. In Windows, whenever I click on the network device, I get a "network path not found" error. WTF, it was a 100 times more reliable on a cheap TP-Link router. I did a factory reset and I rebooted the router twice without any results.

Found a solution: it turned the solution was so stupid I couldn't figure it out. It was because I changed my router login username and the new login was longer than 16 characters. Then, Asus added this username as the master for your SAMBA share and even if I added different user with different login and password, it couldn't resolve it no matter how I tried. It's kind of stupid to link your router password with SAMBA login but, this is how Asus chose to do it.