What's new

I'm in Acess Point (AP) Mode and I get the AIMesh 2.0 Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blackstone79

New Around Here
Hi all -

I have an ax58u operating in wireless router mode, and hooked up via ethernet i have an old ac68u set up in access point (AP) mode. I'm on the latest firmware for both as of 12/12/2020, which has the aimesh v2.0 with it. What is interesting is when I log onto the ac68u (the one set up in AP mode), I have the AiMesh v2.0 panel in the settings. It says there are no AiMesh nodes on the network, but i can do aimesh like things, like bind devices to that device (the ac68U). When I log onto my ax58u (the one operating in wireless router mode), it doesn't have this panel.... which would be nice to be able to bind things to it as well.

So i guess my question is, has anyone else noticed this behavior? I've done resets, etc.... and the panel shows up in the device set in AP mode....

Brian

Hi all -

I have an ax58u operating in wireless router mode, and hooked up via ethernet i have an old ac68u set up in access point (AP) mode. I'm on the latest firmware for both as of 12/12/2020, which has the aimesh v2.0 with it. What is interesting is when I log onto the ac68u (the one set up in AP mode), I have the AiMesh v2.0 panel in the settings. It says there are no AiMesh nodes on the network, but i can do aimesh like things, like bind devices to that device (the ac68U). When I log onto my ax58u (the one operating in wireless router mode), it doesn't have this panel.... which would be nice to be able to bind things to it as well.

So i guess my question is, has anyone else noticed this behavior? I've done resets, etc.... and the panel shows up in the device set in AP mode....

Brian

what firmware are you using? is it beta cause I only see 11/26/2020 as the latest firmware date.

I also do not see the new aimesh menu with 386 firmware on my ax58u but I just assumed it wasn't released for it yet.

Hi all -

Brian

AiMesh controls in plain AP Mode could be a defect that will go away in a future release(?).

OE

what firmware are you using? is it beta cause I only see 11/26/2020 as the latest firmware date.

I also do not see the new aimesh menu with 386 firmware on my ax58u but I just assumed it wasn't released for it yet.

i'm using Version 3.0.0.4.386.40558, for the RT-AC68U, and

if you look at the change log (link below) for the latest firmware for the AC68U, it actually says AIMESH v2.0. This is not the beta firmware. For the AX58U though, no AIMESH v2.0 in the change log (that i saw.....).

Brian

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!