What's new

I'm preparing to publish a user script, are there any rules I need to follow?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe something like this?

The only way I could see a serious privacy concern is if the mac address leaked some type of information about the clients using the network or the network itself. I have not seen any evidence of this. The only actual evidence I see is a potential leak about the hardware associated to the mac address, for example, the mac address identifies the hardware was made by asus.

The only way I could see a serious privacy concern is if the mac address leaked some type of information about the clients using the network or the network itself. I have not seen any evidence of this. The only actual evidence I see is a potential leak about the hardware associated to the mac address, for example, the mac address identifies the hardware was made by asus.
With the built in wifi radar, I can scan my neighbors ssid, signal strength, and MAC address. Other than able to tell the AP manufacturer, I also couldn’t figure out any privacy concern. If someone bad use a deauther even changing the mac won’t help.

Maybe something like this?

Anyone can do it. Doesn't have to be Google big. Someone may want to collect data how many Asus, Netgear, TP-Link, D-Link, etc. routers are around. No issues with that for the users. Everyone sees what make cars we drive around with no special tools required. Now what - color changing cars?

DDD, I've come across this post while looking for the exact script so veryu happy to find it. Just wondering how things are going with it and will you posting it up soon? Cheers​