What's new

in a multi-router network 'box + router I lose ip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

J AÏE JOE

New Around Here
Hello,
new on the site, I am delighted to come to ask my first question.
but ancient since I am very interested in the advice given here to solve each other's problems.
my hardware an ASUS RT-AC88U.
my network configuration:
behind the box, he manages my personal network
he is a vpn client of an offshore vpn so goes through the box
the networks
two lan networks called BOBOX
two wifi networks called RUTUT
box are in 192.168.0.0/254
on the router a webcam + 1 home automation
asus in 192.168.100.0/254
3 NAS a webcam 2 pc 1 android
the ip addresses of the devices are in automatic DHCP
Here is my problem:
in case of power failure the box and the router reinitialize.
the box takes 45 seconds less to take over the network than the ASUS router under Merlin
all the devices pass in ip 0.0 so under the direction of the box
Asus should give 100.0. becomes a customer of the box and passes in 0.0
no connection is possible on the router by the wifi
only the ip address given by the box allows you to reach the router
Precision: the RURUT router's wifi network remains operational, just like the BOBOX network.
simply if you are connected to the RUTUT network you will have no VPN protection (I alternatively choose OPENVPN and PPTP as encryption.
advantage of the system:
in case of failure of the router, all devices remain connected. all ip behind the router then become customers of the box so without vpn
question of security, it sucks !!
I will tell you without using a fixed IP address, see devices previously connected to the router asus remain under the domination of the ASUS router.
NOTE I never have this problem with NETGEAR.
I do not know how to do.

Can you help me ?
thanks in advance
------------------------------------- &&&&&&&&&&&&& ---------------------------------------------
Bonjour,
nouveau sur le site, je suis enchanté de venir poser ma première question.
mais ancient puisque je suis avec beaucoup d'intérêt les conseils donnés ici pour résoudre les problèmes des uns et des autres.
mon matériel un ASUS RT-AC88U.
ma configuration réseau :
derrière la box, il gère mon reseau personnel
il est client vpn d'un vpn offshore donc passe par la box
les reseaux
deux reseaux lan appelé BOBOX
deux reseaux wifi appelé RUTUT
box sont en 192.168.0.0/254
dessus le routeur une webcam + 1 domotique
asus en 192.168.100.0/254
3 NAS une webcam 2 pc 1 android
les adresses ip des appareils sont en automatique DHCP
Voici mon problème :
en cas de coupure de courant la box et le routeur se réinialisent.
la box met 45 secondes de moins à reprendre le réseau que le routeur ASUS sous Merlin
tous les appareils passent en ip 0.0 donc sous la direction de la box
Asus qui devrait donner du 100.0. devient client de la box et passe en 0.0
aucune connexion n'est possible sur le routeur par le wifi
seul l'adresse ip donnée par la box permet de joindre le routeur
Précision : le réseau wifi du routeur RURUT reste opérationnel , tout comme le réseau BOBOX.
simplement si vous êtes connecté sur le réseau RUTUT vous n'aurez aucune protection VPN (je choisi en alternance OPENVPN et PPTP. comme cryptage.
avantage du système :
en cas de panne du routeur, tous les appareils restent connectés.toutes les ip derrière le routeur deviennent alors clientes de la box donc sans vpn
question séucurité, cela craint !!
je vousdrais sans utiliser d'adresse ip fixe,voir les appareils connectés préalablement sur le routeur asus rester sous la domination du routeur asus.
A NOTER je n'ai jamais ce problème avec NETGEAR.
Je ne sais pas comment faire.

Pouvez-vous m'aider ?
merci par avance

Hello,
new on the site, I am delighted to come to ask my first question.
but ancient since I am very interested in the advice given here to solve each other's problems.
my hardware an ASUS RT-AC88U.
my network configuration:
behind the box, he manages my personal network
he is a vpn client of an offshore vpn so goes through the box
the networks
two lan networks called BOBOX
two wifi networks called RUTUT
box are in 192.168.0.0/254
on the router a webcam + 1 home automation
asus in 192.168.100.0/254
3 NAS a webcam 2 pc 1 android
the ip addresses of the devices are in automatic DHCP
Here is my problem:
in case of power failure the box and the router reinitialize.
the box takes 45 seconds less to take over the network than the ASUS router under Merlin
all the devices pass in ip 0.0 so under the direction of the box
Asus should give 100.0. becomes a customer of the box and passes in 0.0
no connection is possible on the router by the wifi
only the ip address given by the box allows you to reach the router
Precision: the RURUT router's wifi network remains operational, just like the BOBOX network.
simply if you are connected to the RUTUT network you will have no VPN protection (I alternatively choose OPENVPN and PPTP as encryption.
advantage of the system:
in case of failure of the router, all devices remain connected. all ip behind the router then become customers of the box so without vpn
question of security, it sucks !!
I will tell you without using a fixed IP address, see devices previously connected to the router asus remain under the domination of the ASUS router.
NOTE I never have this problem with NETGEAR.
I do not know how to do.

Can you help me ?
thanks in advance
------------------------------------- &&&&&&&&&&&&& ---------------------------------------------
Bonjour,
nouveau sur le site, je suis enchanté de venir poser ma première question.
mais ancient puisque je suis avec beaucoup d'intérêt les conseils donnés ici pour résoudre les problèmes des uns et des autres.
mon matériel un ASUS RT-AC88U.
ma configuration réseau :
derrière la box, il gère mon reseau personnel
il est client vpn d'un vpn offshore donc passe par la box
les reseaux
deux reseaux lan appelé BOBOX
deux reseaux wifi appelé RUTUT
box sont en 192.168.0.0/254
dessus le routeur une webcam + 1 domotique
asus en 192.168.100.0/254
3 NAS une webcam 2 pc 1 android
les adresses ip des appareils sont en automatique DHCP
Voici mon problème :
en cas de coupure de courant la box et le routeur se réinialisent.
la box met 45 secondes de moins à reprendre le réseau que le routeur ASUS sous Merlin
tous les appareils passent en ip 0.0 donc sous la direction de la box
Asus qui devrait donner du 100.0. devient client de la box et passe en 0.0
aucune connexion n'est possible sur le routeur par le wifi
seul l'adresse ip donnée par la box permet de joindre le routeur
Précision : le réseau wifi du routeur RURUT reste opérationnel , tout comme le réseau BOBOX.
simplement si vous êtes connecté sur le réseau RUTUT vous n'aurez aucune protection VPN (je choisi en alternance OPENVPN et PPTP. comme cryptage.
avantage du système :
en cas de panne du routeur, tous les appareils restent connectés.toutes les ip derrière le routeur deviennent alors clientes de la box donc sans vpn
question séucurité, cela craint !!
je vousdrais sans utiliser d'adresse ip fixe,voir les appareils connectés préalablement sur le routeur asus rester sous la domination du routeur asus.
A NOTER je n'ai jamais ce problème avec NETGEAR.
Je ne sais pas comment faire.

Pouvez-vous m'aider ?
merci par avance

In a mutiple router situation you should not be having this problem if you set up double NATing correctly.

The cable between the routers should go from a LAN port on the WWW facing router to the WAN port on the second router.

The second router should be setup to obtain its WAN IP automatically.

The subnet on each router should be different as it appears you have done.

I repeat:
In a multiple router situation, you should not have this problem if you configure dual NAT correctly.

The cable between the routers must change from a LAN port of the WWW router to the WAN router of the second router.

The second router must be configured to automatically obtain its WAN IP address.

The subnet of each router must be different from what you seem to have done.
+ -----
thanks for your response so fast.

that's what I thought too. I checked and checked again
I tried to configure a dual wan with a 4g usb router
it was on the 4g router but never on the box.
all the updates were made with Merlin.

I reset the router as ex-factory - I do not like losing in front of a machine - under the firmware asus it seems to hold, but not under merlin.

question that comes to my mind: could it be that there is a bridge made by one of the devices with dual connectivity (wifi + lan)?

I have two nas and a dual network webcam
by the LAN connected to the router asus
by the wifi connected to the box.
so in case of failure, if the LAN falls
the wifi takes over.
I even configured a wifi catch-up connection:
if the router falls
if the box falls
the wifi connection will look for a wifi network given by the ISP.
I do not know if it helps in understanding the problem. As it is non-lived, I have no solution. nor understanding of the problem.
I am thinking of gas plants such as:
I make an iso image of the device
every 24h, I reset the router by the image made
and I mounted a plug connected for the box to be offline offline to force my nas to connect to the router, but these are ideas that pose more security problems than they solve.

--------- &&&&&&&&& ---------------------

je reprends :
Dans une situation de routeur multiple, vous ne devriez pas avoir ce problème si vous configurez correctement le double NAT.

Le câble entre les routeurs doit passer d'un port LAN du routeur WWW au routeur WAN du deuxième routeur.

Le second routeur doit être configuré pour obtenir automatiquement son adresse IP WAN.

Le sous-réseau de chaque routeur doit être différent de ce que vous semblez avoir fait.
+-----
merci pour votre réponse si rapide.

c'est ce que je croyais aussi. J'ai vérifié et re- vérifié
j'ai essayé de configurer un double wan avec un usb routeur 4g
cela tenait sur le routeur 4g mais jamais sur la box.
toutes les mieses à jour ont été faite avec Merlin.

J'ai réinitialisé le routeur comme en sortie usine - je n'aime pas perdre devant une machine - sous le firmware asus cela semble tenir, mais non pas sous merlin.

question qui me vient à l'esprit : se pourrait-il qu'il y ait un pont fabriqué par un des appareils à double connectique(wifi + lan) ?

j'ai deux nas et une webcam en double réseau
par le LAN connectés au routeur asus
par le wifi connectés à la box.
ainsi en cas de panne, si le LAN tombe
le wifi prend le relais.
J'ai même configuré une connexion de rattrapage wifi :
si le routeur tombe
si la box tombe
la connexion wifi va chercher un reseau wifi donné par le FAI.
je ne sais aps si cela aide à la compréhension du problème. Comme c'est du non-vécu, je n'ai aucune solution. ni compréhension du problème.
J'en suis à imaginer des usines à gaz comme par exemple :
je fais une image iso de l'appareil
toutes les 24h, je réinitialise le routeur par l'image faite
et j'ai monté une prise connectée pour que la box soit hors connexion courant pour obliger mes nas à se connecter sur le routeur, mais ce sont des idées qui posent plus de problèmes de sécurité qu'elles n'en résolvent.

I repeat:
In a multiple router situation, you should not have this problem if you configure dual NAT correctly.

The cable between the routers must change from a LAN port of the WWW router to the WAN router of the second router.

The second router must be configured to automatically obtain its WAN IP address.

+ -----

I reset the router as ex-factory - I do not like losing in front of a machine - under the firmware asus it seems to hold, but not under merlin.

question that comes to my mind: could it be that there is a bridge made by one of the devices with dual connectivity (wifi + lan)?

the wifi takes over.
if the router falls
if the box falls
I do not know if it helps in understanding the problem. As it is non-lived, I have no solution. nor understanding of the problem.
and I mounted a plug connected for the box to be offline offline to force my nas to connect to the router, but these are ideas that pose more security problems than they solve.

je reprends :
Dans une situation de routeur multiple, vous ne devriez pas avoir ce problème si vous configurez correctement le double NAT.

Le câble entre les routeurs doit passer d'un port LAN du routeur WWW au routeur WAN du deuxième routeur.

Le second routeur doit être configuré pour obtenir automatiquement son adresse IP WAN.

Le sous-réseau de chaque routeur doit être différent de ce que vous semblez avoir fait.
+-----

J'ai réinitialisé le routeur comme en sortie usine - je n'aime pas perdre devant une machine - sous le firmware asus cela semble tenir, mais non pas sous merlin.

question qui me vient à l'esprit : se pourrait-il qu'il y ait un pont fabriqué par un des appareils à double connectique(wifi + lan) ?

le wifi prend le relais.
si le routeur tombe
si la box tombe
je ne sais aps si cela aide à la compréhension du problème. Comme c'est du non-vécu, je n'ai aucune solution. ni compréhension du problème.
et j'ai monté une prise connectée pour que la box soit hors connexion courant pour obliger mes nas à se connecter sur le routeur, mais ce sont des idées qui posent plus de problèmes de sécurité qu'elles n'en résolvent.

Just four your info, english language only on snb-forums.!

Last edited:
Just four your info, english language only on snb-forums.!
I think the French language he is posting is the raw input which he then translates using Google translate or something similar and then pastes it above his original input.

Biggest problem with this approach IMHO is it makes his posts look overly long so some some people ignore them.

Send a diagram of how your equipment is set up. A dual WAN and double NAT are different issues.

I repeat:

+ -----

the wifi takes over.
if the router falls
if the box falls

je reprends :

+-----

le wifi prend le relais.
si le routeur tombe
si la box tombe

I think the French language he is posting is the raw input which he then translates using Google translate or something similar and then pastes it above his original input.

Biggest problem with this approach IMHO is it makes his posts look overly long so some some people ignore them.
He could use the spoiler bbcode and put his/her french inside of that.