What's new

Installed Voxel but issue with no internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jig

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I followed kamoj steps and have installed voxel and get the kamoj and hidden menus (thanks), but now I cannot access the internet the router and virgin are showing internet is ok (light). when I click on a webpage I get 'establishing a secure connection' and it does not connect? also internet through wifi has stopped working.

Also I struggled to get a VPN set up (using NORDVPN) on the VPN menu, do i need to do or add some details? I have done a reboot of the modem (virgin) and the router but no luck!
can someone please help?

Thanks

Look at the add-on router information page for errors.

Check if ping is working:
ping 1.1.1.1

You can not setup the kamoj add-on VPN without internet.
So disable DNS encryption and VPN.

thanks Kamoj. I also got the following error when i first tried to set up and add the Nord VPN server:

--2020-06-28 12:00:09-- https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_legacy/servers/fr425.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn

Resolving downloads.nordcdn.com... 2606:4700::6811:a81e, 104.17.168.30, 104.17.167.30

Connecting to downloads.nordcdn.com|2606:4700::6811:a81e|:443... failed: Network is unreachable.

Connecting to downloads.nordcdn.com|104.17.168.30|:443... connected.

ERROR: cannot verify downloads.nordcdn.com's certificate, issued by 'CN=Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA,O=Sectigo Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater Manchester,C=GB':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

To connect to downloads.nordcdn.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

open error

root@R7800:/etc/openvpn/config/client#

MKEfZFPH3vqD7YRf8
Please see screen shot attached... cannot see any issues?

Attachments

• Screen Shot Netgear.jpg
    Screen Shot Netgear.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I don't have NordVPN account so I can not check myself.
That picture is too small to readable for me.
Get internet working first, before trying VPN.

internet not working I have reset my modem (it works)and connect it to netgear router and then it doesnt seems to be a problem/config between modem and netgear router, any ideas. Only stopped working after i installed voxel. (I have done a hard reset on the modem and router (still have kamoj and hidden installs available). thanks

gg trans
There are a few cases of losing internet connection after changing DNS but we don't close the r7800 setting tab in web browser, I have encountered it many times and found out.

guys started again and redid, still get the following error, any ideas what is going on???

--2020-07-05 22:14:50-- https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/files/ovpn_tcp/servers/de723.nordvpn.com.tcp.ovpn

Resolving downloads.nordcdn.com... 2606:4700::6811:a71e, 104.17.167.30, 104.17.168.30

Connecting to downloads.nordcdn.com|2606:4700::6811:a71e|:443... failed: Network is unreachable.

Connecting to downloads.nordcdn.com|104.17.167.30|:443... connected.

ERROR: cannot verify downloads.nordcdn.com's certificate, issued by 'CN=Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA,O=Sectigo Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater Manchester,C=GB':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

To connect to downloads.nordcdn.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

open error

root@R7800:/etc/openvpn/config/client#

Don't know what you are up to.
Those logs are not from the kamoj add-on.

I don't think Voxel or Kamoj has anything to do with what you do.

I strongly suggest you to use the kamoj add-on "OpenVPN Client".
Once you understand how it works you can try your way.

Hi guys,

Im at a loss here as to what is going wrong. I can ping 1.1.1.1 but when I connect to wifi using netgear it doesnt seem to connect to the internet and seems like something is blocking?

I have done several reboot cycles to try and fix but no joy. The virgin router is fine it seems to be a setting on the netgear, any ideas? (the voxell software and kamoj add on software has installed ok and can be seen).

Thanks
Jig

Your Virgin modem should be in NAT/Bridge/Pass-through mode if you connect a router to it.

Hey Jig, I am using a Super Hub 3 with Virgin Media, through a R7800. Do you have the Super Hub running in Modem Mode?

Hi Rustypouch,

you have the same setup as me. So to confirm Virgin Superhub is in modem only mode. I can see 7800 home page showing internet status as 'Good', however when I click on explorer or chrome cannot open the web page, so something is blocking? can you help?

I have reset the 7800 and superhub and still no joy :(

Hey Jig, I am using a Super Hub 3 with Virgin Media, through a R7800. Do you have the Super Hub running in Modem Mode?
Hi Rustypouch,

you have the same setup as me. So to confirm Virgin Superhub is in modem only mode. I can see 7800 home page showing internet status as 'Good', however when I click on explorer or chrome cannot open the web page, so something is blocking? can you help?

I have reset the 7800 and superhub and still no joy :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!