What's new

Installing Optware on /jffs partition

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

user2k10

Occasional Visitor
I have searched and failed to find a solution to being able to install Optware to the /jffs partition. I only want to install a few packages so I don't think space will be an issue. I previously used Entware on /jffs and had no problems, but this is an RT-AC68U so that's not possible, unless some kind person has ported it recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

I have searched and failed to find a solution to being able to install Optware to the /jffs partition. I only want to install a few packages so I don't think space will be an issue. I previously used Entware on /jffs and had no problems, but this is an RT-AC68U so that's not possible, unless some kind person has ported it recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

I've not tried it (I have it installed in /opt), maybe make a folder called /jffs/opt then mount /opt to that folder ?

Fyi, I have nano + the default optware packages that install with Asuswrt-Merlin installed and I'm using 55.2MB, my jffs is 94.75MB, so you'd have a decent amount of space left over I think for a few extra packages.

Last edited: