What's new

Release Instant Guard iOS Version 1.0.0.1.5

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Just found the new release of Instant Guard Version 1.0.0.1.5 for iOS on App Store. I think what is new appears to be:

- Apple M1 version Macbook supported

What I dont like about instant guard is that, in order for it to work, you also need to install Asus router app. Is ok on my phone, macbook... fine i'll install asus router app even though I'll never use it. but installing in on every member of my family and giving them ability to login to router... I don't think so.

You might be able to uninstall router app once Instant guard is up and running, but still....

Sorry for the rant. I like the idea and really want it to work, but don't like the implementation. But yes you can install app on M1 macs, but don't know if it is going to work a I didn't try it out as I did not wanted to install router as as well.

Description on AppStore:

Original text:
Instant Guard is basing on VPN feature of ASUS Router and only available for manager now. Use the Instant Guard app when you connect to public Wi-Fi and just as you are using safety network at home - ensuring your personal privacy remains safe and financial information protected. Instant Guard allows you easily access to your ASUS router at home while you are away and keeps 100% anonymous while you browser bank, shop and chat with Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection. In the future, this feature will improve to allow to share VPN connection permissions to your friends or family members.

My Interpretation:
Instant Guard App is designed to simplify the setup and connection to ASUS IPSec Virtual Private Network (VPN) Server on supported ASUS Routers, it currently works only for the Router Administrator. Instant Guard App allows you to connect to public Wi-Fi safely, just as you are using your secured network at home - ensuring your personal privacy remains safe and financial information protected. Instant Guard allows you to easily access your ASUS router at home while you are away and keeps 100% anonymous while you are doing your internet banking, shopping and chatting with this VPN connection. In the future, this feature will be enhanced to allow sharing such VPN connection permissions to your friends or family members.

Key Feature :
  1. One-Click Operation
  2. Secured and encrypted connectivity
  3. Surf Anonymously
  4. Change your IP Address and Location

Instant Guard app supports the following ASUS router.
  • RT-AX92U
  • RT-AX88U
  • RT-AX86U
  • RT-AX82U
  • RT-AX68U
  • RT-AX58U
  • RT-AX55
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC86U
  • RT-AC3100
  • GT-AXE11000
  • GT-AC5300