What's new

Intel mentions Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Cyclone Peak 2) and AX201 (Harrison Peak 2) network adapters

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On January 28 the FCC published Intel's application for the M.2 version of their Wi-Fi 6 AX201 network adapter, with model name AX201NGW. In the process some specs got confirmed:
  • 802.11ax support in both bands
  • Uses M.2 2230 form factor
  • 2 antenna's for 2x2 MIMO
  • 5 GHz band supports 160 MHz
  • Bluetooth 5 support
So very similar to the previous Wireless-AC 9260 network card, but with 802.11ax support. Which will most likely mean peak connection rates of 574 Mb/s on 2,4 GHz and 2402 Mb/s on 5 GHz.

full.jpg

I can't find a data sheet for the product. The Anandtech article says:
The Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 is a CNVi WLAN card
But the Ark spec doesn't mention this.

If CNVi requirement is true, that's going to limit the product's usefulness.

I was just going to post this too.

If CNVi is a requirement, then for most this will mean a new computer to use it with. :(

Well it may be a mistake?

There are two products AX200 and AX201 which I assume are analogous to the 9260ac and 9560ac with the latter being the CNVi card. The AX201 also has FCC approval but not mentioned on the ark site as of yet.

Last edited:
Well it may be a mistake?

There are two products AX200 and AX201 which I assume are analogous to the 9260ac and 9560ac being the CNVi card. The AX201 also has FCC approval but not mentioned on the ark site as of yet.
FCC documents for both the AX200 and AX201 cards show that a Extender Main and Card board called "CRF CNVIO DB M2" was "Used to have a functional EUT outside a PC or laptop." This suggests that both use CNVi.

Intel's Specs mentioning PCIe/USB would seem to rule out CNVi for the AX200. The 9560 explicitly states CNVIo. I think that you're right and that it's a mistake.

Last edited:

Hey - Intel's pushing for deeper integration into their PCH and IO hubs...

It's probably not an upgrade card, and there's little need be in any event, there are other options.

It's probably not an upgrade card, and there's little need be in any event, there are other options.

I know one manufacturer going to market a PCI-Express card using that Intel card (probably through a bridge or something), so there's definitely a version not tied to the PCH/CPU.

Avtella is correct. I've confirmed with Intel. The AX200 is a non CNVi card with M.2 connector. The AX201 requires CNVi. So they are the equivalents of the AC 9260 and 9560.