What's new

Intel Network Storage Server - SS4200E buy.com $135

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dropped off the NAS chart? What chart is that?

I have a ReadyNAS Pro on order which I intend to use to back up my PCs, stream media, etc.

Now I need another box to backup the NAS to. I just need raw storage, no extra features. Just a box to backup to. Debating building a box from my extra parts or getting yet another NAS. Not caring about the other abilities of the box other than RAID would be meaningless to me.

Thoughts?

Hiya...

When I click the RAID5 link you provided the header says it is a NAS test, doesn't mention RAID5? Perhaps the test is really a RAID5 test, but doesn't give any context?

Most of the NAS boxes are slim on CPU and run a Linux variant.

If a person takes a typical cast off PC running WinServer with a RAID controller, how would it stack up for pure storage space?

I don't really want to build and figure out a Linux OS and so I might want to stick with the "comfort" of a Win box running on an old PC upgraded with a RAID SATA controller.

Do you have something similar in your series other than an HP media server box?

Thanks!

discounts

You can link to it in buy.com through Bing for a few dollars cashback.

If you are it California it's better to order direct from Legendmicro.

I hope it's a good product, I ordered one.