What's new

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and high latency spikes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hellreturn

Occasional Visitor
Off topic here.. but got the new rig ASUS x570 is the mobo and it seems it has Intel Wifi 6 AX200 card with it. Somehow my latency spikes crazy and i can't seem to figure out why.

Router: AC3100
Firmware: 384.16

Just trying to see if anyone has any solution or suggestion.

Power is set to performance. Wifi is set to AC only mode because on ax or auto option, I had massive disconnects. It still disconnects but much less but latency, I can't seem to figure out.

Their is no wifi interference but i have appx 28 devices connected i.e. wifi plugs, switches, camera, etc.

upload_2020-4-13_16-32-33.png

upload_2020-4-13_16-36-6.png

Hi there, I have the same Intel Wifi 6 AX200 integrated in my Asrock taichi x570 and had to go upgrade FW for that when I changed to my new RT-AX88U. Make sure to check out so your driver not are lower than 20.10.1* (or later to resolve connectivity issues).

Hope this will help you out.

Attachments

• asus_intel_wifi_upgrade.JPG
    asus_intel_wifi_upgrade.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 667
Hi there, I have the same Intel Wifi 6 AX200 integrated in my Asrock taichi x570 and had to go upgrade FW for that when I changed to my new RT-AX88U. Make sure to check out so your driver not are lower than 20.10.1* (or later to resolve connectivity issues).

Hope this will help you out.

upload_2020-4-15_1-11-51.png

Try upgrading to the latest Intel driver.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/intel-wi-fi-6-ax200

Also check the Windows connection settings and disable power save.

First thing, I did!

I still have latency issues, so any help is appreciated.

View attachment 22693

First thing, I did!

I still have latency issues, so any help is appreciated.

Hmmm, then I´m not sure what is going on, only thing I noticed is that your driver is higher version than mine but mine is newer? I got mine from Asrock since it is their motherboard I use.

upload_2020-4-15_9-59-10.png

@TurboFreak68, your's isn't newer. It is actually almost a year older. :)

It may also be worth checking, does the router have any functions such as "smart connect" or anything else that may try to periodically push devices to a different band, or if you have an additional APs where the device may try to roam for no reason?

For me the AX200 has been really stable.

It may also be worth checking, does the router have any functions such as "smart connect" or anything else that may try to periodically push devices to a different band, or if you have an additional APs where the device may try to roam for no reason?

For me the AX200 has been really stable.

Nop. Router and desktop in same room just little far so can't use LAN cable. I am thinking to get 30 FT lan cable though. Smart connect is disabled as i force the connection of old devices on 2.4Ghz and rest on 5Ghz.

my 5 Ghz setting -

upload_2020-4-15_20-20-37.png

2.4Ghz -

upload_2020-4-15_20-20-59.png

I've been doing a lot of testing using the AX200. Large ping spikes are not uncommon, but mainly when the AX200 is connected to an AX router.

That said, there could be something between the AX200 and the AC3100. Can you try with another router?

Also, is the problem on both bands?

You say "disconnects". Is it actually a disassociation, or just large ping spikes? I can't read the Y axis scale on your plots. What's the worst case number and how long does it last?

I've been doing a lot of testing using the AX200. Large ping spikes are not uncommon, but mainly when the AX200 is connected to an AX router.

That said, there could be something between the AX200 and the AC3100. Can you try with another router?

Also, is the problem on both bands?

You say "disconnects". Is it actually a disassociation, or just large ping spikes? I can't read the Y axis scale on your plots. What's the worst case number and how long does it last?

I didn't face any issues on router before but then i recently updated firmware.

Disconnects + large ping spikes. Both are the problem. Latency goes to 600ms and disconnects are 1-3 seconds which happens every few minutes.

Disconnects + large ping spikes. Both are the problem. Latency goes to 600ms and disconnects are 1-3 seconds which happens every few minutes.
Hmmm. Would probably have to look at a packet capture to understand what's really going on.
Is this on both bands?
Does it happen if the device is close to the router?

Since it's related to a router firmware change, can you roll back?

Hmmm. Would probably have to look at a packet capture to understand what's really going on.
Is this on both bands?
Does it happen if the device is close to the router?

Since it's related to a router firmware change, can you roll back?

Sorry if i wasn't clear - it could be firmware or new PC. Before I had old laptop which works fine no issues. Anyway i can figure out if it's PC or router?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!