What's new

Intel Wireless AX 201chip losing drivers everyday

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steve40th

Regular Contributor
I am not sure what the heck is going on, but almost everyday, I have to run troubleshoot blutetooth to make the drivers work, again. I use a mouse, speakers primarily..
I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I ran the intel scanner and they installed the latest drivers, per their site, 22.200.0.2. Previous one was 22.110.2.
I am running Windows 11 on my Sager laptop
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎9/‎27/‎2022
OS build 22621.1413
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I am in settings now for WIndows Updates, I dont see that option to notify of updates, but not to install.
I found it in Local Group Policy editor.
But its generic for all windows. How do I stop intel from being updated also. If possible.

Last edited:
you need to press windows button and X and go to Device manager there properties on wireless - Driver - Roll back driver and chose this driver do not work for me. W/o this every time I log to windows my driver was replaced by one windows recognized as latest.

Thnx, Currently the driver in there is working fine. If I roll back driver, will this guide above cause it to think this driver is bad?

This will allow you block anything showing/trying to install through WU.
This will not block anything until you tell it to block a certain update (the update has to be showing to install)

For you to know which firmware/driver is causing problems (if coming from WU) check windows updates history.

You have to run this befor it installs by WU. if the bad driver package installs its either a rollback or uninstall to make it pop back up on WU.

I used this on windows 10 and now windows 11 to block intel (out dated) graphics driver trying to install.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!