What's new

Intermittent loss of Wi-Fi since upgrading to 386.7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

People that experience issues downgrade to 386.5_2 my issues seems to be gone since i did that. Aimesh nodes function good on stock firmware.

Hello,

I'm having issues with both 386.7_0 and 386.7_2 on RT-AC5300 when QOS is turned on. Works initially for a day or so, then the internet connection is lost. But logging in to the router's interface internet connection shows as connected, but the internet does not work. Sometimes Wifi works and sometimes it doesn't. Very strange behavior. Now running 386.7_0 without QOS for the last couple of days and it's still OK. But I had QOS tuned on 386.7_0 before upgrading to 386.7_2 a couple of weeks ago and had no issues with it, but now downgrading back to 386.7_0 QOS is creating issues when it's tuned on.

Not sure if my issue is exactly the same as what everyone has been going through on this thread. I replaced my AC5300 with an AXE11000. Flashed 386.7_2 straight out of the box. No JFFS but did have QOS set to Bandwidth Limiter (have to keep the XBox at bay). WiFi was extremely unstable. 2.4 was the worst, couldn't keep a connection across many of my devices, the worst being my Nest Guard. 5 was also dropping clients. Played around with a lot of settings to see if changing anything in 2.4 or 5 would stabilize things. I couldn't find a combination that worked and the family ran out of patience.

Flashed to 386.5_2 and everything solidified.

Same here with 86U, flashed back to 386.5_2 and everything works fine again. 386.7 and 386.7_2 give both stability issues with internet. Suddenly out of the blue internet connection to the clients is lost while in the router itself the WAN IP is still there. With 385.5_2 it works fine again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!