What's new

Internet issues, log entry warnings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've never used the app but I guess it is the same as using the eject option at the top right of the web interface (which is the same as "Safely Remove disk:").

View attachment 29756
right, yeah forgot about that so not sure now since I haven't found that in the app yet for unmounting. I did end up creating a new SWAP file, all good now, beta4 FW seems solid.

Last edited:
right, yeah forgot about that so not sure now since I haven't found that in the app yet for unmounting. I did end up creating a new SWAP file, all good now.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking about an option you had found in the Asus router app.

To answer your actual question, "ejecting", "removing" or "unmounting" a USB device in the Asus' web interface is the equivalent to Windows' "Eject".

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking about an option you had found in the Asus router app.

To answer your actual question, "ejecting", "removing" or "unmounting" a USB device in the Asus' web interface is the equivalent to Windows' "Eject".
right, so would that be sufficient to use?

Actually, in the Asus Router App, I find now that there is "Safely remove disk" under the "Insight" tab as well as "Eject" is under "Settings/USB/Eject USB" so pretty similar options but "Eject" (unmount) may be the one since the other infers you're removing it.

Last edited:
I've seen a few routers state that the USB drive was unmounted, yet the tools page would still show the swap being used.

Assuming seems dangerous, here, with a daily power off.

I've seen a few routers state that the USB drive was unmounted, yet the tools page would still show the swap being used.

Assuming seems dangerous, here, with a daily power off.
Conjecture, but if so in any case that particular tools page probably wasn't refreshed or some such at that moment but hey whatya gonna do...

furthermore, I never had any of these issues with my AC86U, shutting it off every night, in fact it seemed like it worked better when I did so. I've never seen my AX86U use the swap, ever since utilizing it, not even when a ton of s**t was running, streaming what have you, only when I had all that additional garbage running, if even then which I never really used anyway so just the swap now, that's it, all the stock RMerlin features are enough for my needs.

Last edited:
the clean way... ssh into the router... issue from the cli: halt
wait for the lights on the router to go dark...
powerdown your stuff for the night...
confirm on power-up in the morning, no inode errors in syslog...
done...

I do this on asus routers with ssd drives attached with scripts and stuff when I need to power down the network(s)... upon reboot (I do run amtm with dc enabled) the ext4 filesystem reports clean/no repair done... never see an inode error... ymmv...

assumptions - you are running a ups on the router/lan/wan equipment and it isn't experiencing random power-off events - which will cause disk inode errors...

Last edited: