What's new

iPhone7+ Connection Rate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
I have been watching my laptop wireless 5Ghz speed change over time. I am just letting my laptop sit and the speed is changing from 5xx to7xx over a matter of several minutes. I am using Windows 10 latest patches and I am watching status under wireless network adapter. What effects this change? Other connections, data transfer? Is the widows speed the same as connection rate?

Is there a way to watch this on an iPhone7+?

I have been watching my laptop wireless 5Ghz speed change over time. I am just letting my laptop sit and the speed is changing from 5xx to7xx over a matter of several minutes. I am using Windows 10 latest patches and I am watching status under wireless network adapter. What effects this change? Other connections, data transfer? Is the widows speed the same as connection rate?

Is there a way to watch this on an iPhone7+?

Nothing on iOS - way back in the day, there was, but private API's...

As to the laptop - idle speeds will vary... that's the wireless NIC just getting a feel on the signal vs. noise and putting in a value - and different NIC vendors will report different things - look at the AP to get a better feel of things for a given client, it has better insight for the WLAN.

Moving data across the link is more important there...