What's new

IPsec and throughput

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes i believe it is, Ipsec. I did do some test in the beginning turning the VPN off and then turning SPI off then i tried turning the entire firewall off. It is strange. nothing seems to change it.

With the LRT the SPI firewall doesn't take much processing power and should have little effect on your throughput.

What I did find was "Inter VLAN Routing" and "Content Filter" drastically reduced throughput.

I will do some throughput testing with the Gateway to Gateway connected and get back to you.

With the LRT the SPI firewall doesn't take much processing power and should have little effect on your throughput.

What I did find was "Inter VLAN Routing" and "Content Filter" drastically reduced throughput.

I will do some throughput testing with the Gateway to Gateway connected and get back to you.

i really appreciate your time thank you, this is not my wheelhouse

OK I got it, going through all the settings on the router I can now create and remove the speed issue by enabling and disabling the DMZ port. I don't personally know why the DMZ port being active would cause this but it is. Again thanks for you help, and now i will work on cascading the connection to the Netgear.

OK I got it, going through all the settings on the router I can now create and remove the speed issue by enabling and disabling the DMZ port. I don't personally know why the DMZ port being active would cause this but it is. Again thanks for you help, and now i will work on cascading the connection to the Netgear.

Awesome! good job figuring this out.

I won't do the throughput testing unless you need it. I'm very busy and time is on short supply :)