What's new

IPTV settings: VLAN changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CL-Jeremy

Regular Contributor
Hello Everybody,

There has been a recent change for those of you looking for better VLAN options. This is beta firmware and, should everything work out, will be implemented in future releases of official firmware. Please try it and let me know how it works.

Version 9.0.0.4.346 (Please note this firmware linked below is for the RT-N66u only! It is currently only alternatively available on the RT-N56u. The changes will be implemented in other firmwares across the other routers eventually, but for now only 2 routers are complete)
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/5CEB1DEDD949427DB3C66AF04B6FF2084

Changes:
1) The VLAN field can be left blank if your ISP does not specify a tag for Internet.
2) LAN port 3 and 4 can be set for the same VLAN tag if you want IPTV through 2 ports.

ENJOY!

Hello Everybody,

There has been a recent change for those of you looking for better VLAN options. This is beta firmware and, should everything work out, will be implemented in future releases of official firmware. Please try it and let me know how it works.

Version 9.0.0.4.346 (Please note this firmware linked below is for the RT-N66u only! It is currently only alternatively available on the RT-N56u. The changes will be implemented in other firmwares across the other routers eventually, but for now only 2 routers are complete)

Changes:
1) The VLAN field can be left blank if your ISP does not specify a tag for Internet.
2) LAN port 3 and 4 can be set for the same VLAN tag if you want IPTV through 2 ports.

ENJOY!
THANK YOU for this.
Ive been trying with a lot of diferent firmwares to get IPTV to work at the same time as internet but nothing has worked.
This worked emedietly.
Really THANK YOU!

Would you help me?

Hi,

Could you be so kind to send me this firmware? Asus site doesn't allow, says, too many downloads were made (probably there WERE too many hunters :))).

My mail is kaskurkada at gmail com.

Thank you in advance!

PS. I'm using .345 beta with great success.

Hello Everybody,

Changes:

ENJOY!

Hi,

Could you be so kind to send me this firmware? Asus site doesn't allow, says, too many downloads were made (probably there WERE too many hunters :))).

My mail is kaskurkada at gmail com.

Thank you in advance!

PS. I'm using .345 beta with great success.

You've got mail.

Hello Everybody,

Changes:

ENJOY!

Can you or someone post the .trx to another server? The Asus Webstorage says maximum download limit reached and try again in 20 hours.

Thanks for your attention.

Can you or someone post the .trx to another server? The Asus Webstorage says maximum download limit reached and try again in 20 hours.

Thanks for your attention.

Hi,

Hi All,

Yea, sorry about that. New stuff has been coming out to share recently and my account has been reaching its sharing limit much faster.

I apologize, I am working on finding a better way share firmware updates, but for now please be patient and try to share among yourselves. :)

Hi All,

Yea, sorry about that. New stuff has been coming out to share recently and my account has been reaching its sharing limit much faster.

I apologize, I am working on finding a better way share firmware updates, but for now please be patient and try to share among yourselves. :)

I'm willing to host them on my Mediafire account if you wish Jeremy. I get terabytes of monthly bandwidth, so that won't be a problem. Just PM me any file you'd like shared. I could create an "Asus Beta" folder for you.

When will this fix be in a live version?
Or is it included in the latest firmware for the N66U: 3.0.0.4.354 ?

Don't want to upgrade to that version, if this is not there.
And I couldn't see any note about it in the change log.

When will this fix be in a live version?
Or is it included in the latest firmware for the N66U: 3.0.0.4.354 ?

Don't want to upgrade to that version, if this is not there.
And I couldn't see any note about it in the change log.

It works with Telia (IPTV Tagged/Internet Untagged) in the latest betas.

But i wouldnt recommend upgrading since wifi is really shaky. but if you are curious youd better try it out for yourself. :)