What's new

IPv6 issues - uPnP/MTU

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You may be causing your own issues by toggling options on/off past their defaults. Toggling some options isn't the same thing as leaving those options at defaults in the first place.

If you really want to test correctly (not sure if it's mentioned above already), you should do a full reset to factory defaults and proceed slowly, methodically and take good notes along the way of what you're changing and how you're testing things. Everything makes a difference.

I suspect your router isn't in a good/known state anymore. A full reset and a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP is most likely needed to get to that base level again.

You may be causing your own issues by toggling options on/off past their defaults. Toggling some options isn't the same thing as leaving those options at defaults in the first place.

If you really want to test correctly (not sure if it's mentioned above already), you should do a full reset to factory defaults and proceed slowly, methodically and take good notes along the way of what you're changing and how you're testing things. Everything makes a difference.

I suspect your router isn't in a good/known state anymore. A full reset and a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP is most likely needed to get to that base level again.

Yes, agree. Though have already conducted a factory reset - both methods, and had same issue with minimal config...... I recognise probably need to do more structured testing over long period of time.

Either way, I tried to revert to stock firmware... But interestingly detects as incorrect one (am not sure if this is a Gnuton bug since introduction of the combo firmwares from Asus - I have a V1 Ax82u)... But irrespective, after the router reboots from this with existing firmware, the issue is temporarily resolved. This is what happened yesterday. The error comes back later. This is repeatable behaviour (I.e. Temporarily fixes again if I try loading the stock firmware).

When I have time, I'll aim to wipe device and restore to stock firmware using the firmware restoration tool.... And then test from there.

Yes, agree. Though have already conducted a factory reset - both methods, and had same issue with minimal config...... I recognise probably need to do more structured testing over long period of time.

Either way, I tried to revert to stock firmware... But interestingly detects as incorrect one (am not sure if this is a Gnuton bug since introduction of the combo firmwares from Asus - I have a V1 Ax82u)... But irrespective, after the router reboots from this with existing firmware, the issue is temporarily resolved. This is what happened yesterday. The error comes back later. This is repeatable behaviour (I.e. Temporarily fixes again if I try loading the stock firmware).

When I have time, I'll aim to wipe device and restore to stock firmware using the firmware restoration tool.... And then test from there.
wait...GNUton? that's new information. You're in the wrong place. that's a specific fork of Merlin for even more specific Asus hardware.
Just which router are you talking about?

wait...GNUton? that's new information. You're in the wrong place. that's a specific fork of Merlin for even more specific Asus hardware.
Just which router are you talking about?
See post #1, last sentence (and the post you just quoted).