What's new

Is ac87u able to handle multiple disks connected via poweded hub?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sammarbella

Occasional Visitor
I have a WD MyCloud (NAS drive) connected to my AC87U and it's working near his limit.

It has a 3 HDDs connected to it via a usb 3.0 powered hub.

The AC87U is way more powerfull than my NAS and i was thinking in directly attach these external drives with this hub to the usb 3.0 port of the router.

So...

....Anyone know if ac87u is able to handle multiple usb 3.0 HDDs connected via a poweded USB 3.0 hub?

USB 3.0 HUBs are not officially supported, only USB2 ones.

Are you saying it will not work at all?

Or it could work but without official reliability?

You will have a hard time finding a hub that works. A few people managed to find one, but the vast majority of hubs won't work at all.

Thanks for the info.

I don't like to be a guinea pig but i can make an exception.

I hope it will be easy to find those rare hubs by myself than some brand and model name from the lucky users who use them. :rolleyes:

Give the $20-odd-dollar

Connectland USB 3.0 4-Port External Hub Super Speed Charge 900mA

a try. You might want to observe and compare its ability to function with USB 3 flash drives, with and without connecting the hub to its unfortunately bulky 4 or so amp (around 20 watt) power supply.

Also impressed to see this fairly bottom dollar hub function immediately with a Mushkin Ventura Ultra USB 3.0 flash drive on a Windows 8.1 tablet, no special driver, at 160 megabytes per second or so read speed.

Last edited:
Give the $20-odd-dollar

Connectland USB 3.0 4-Port External Hub Super Speed Charge 900mA

a try. You might want to observe and compare its ability to function with USB 3 flash drives, with and without connecting the hub to its unfortunately bulky 4 or so amp (around 20 watt) power supply.

Also impressed to see this fairly bottom dollar hub function immediately with a Mushkin Ventura Ultra USB 3.0 flash drive on a Windows 8.1 tablet, no special driver, at 160 megabytes per second or so read speed.

Thanks for the sugestion but i will try first with the one i have connected to the NAS drive right now working with 3 powered HDDs attached to it:

Inateck® Mini Portable USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with 5V 4A Power Adapter

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!