What's new

Is ax11000 stable enough?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jc_hwz

Occasional Visitor
Since have the bad experiences with ax88u, I am afraid the ax11000. I want to buy the ax11000. I want to know it is any Wi-Fi drop issues in the latest firmware?

Since have the bad experiences with ax88u, I am afraid the ax11000. I want to buy the ax11000. I want to know it is any Wi-Fi drop issues in the latest firmware?
AX88U and AX11000 are almost similar internal hardware wise except AX11000 has an extra 5Ghz network. Right now both model's newest firmwares are behaving the same way where there are wifi as well as WAN drops. However, Merlin's 384.15 Beta 1 firmware is quite perfect on my RT-AX88U for 3 days with zero Wifi and WAN drops. If you still have your AX88U, try it out.

Last edited:
AX88U and AX11000 are almost similar internal hardware wise except AX11000 has an extra 5Ghz network. Right now both model's newest firmwares are behaving in almost the same way where there are wifi as well as WAN drops. However, Merlin's 384.15 Beta 1 firmware is almost perfect on my RT-AX88U for almost 3 days with zero Wifi and WAN drops. If you still have your AX88U, try it out.
That is so sad for me, or it is good idea to keep gt 5300 and wait for next generation wifi 6 since I am only use 400mbs internet. The gt 5300 running pretty well and full speed of 400mbs. I just want to get wifi 6 and upgrade my fios to 1000mbs internet

@jc_hwz WiFi 6 official is expected in September or October of this year. Not long to wait.

However, the RT-AX88U with RMerlin 384.15 Beta 1 is as stable as a brick house.

Running all these scripts too with 1Gbps up/down symmetrical ISP Fibre/ONT.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/u...-caching-dns-server.58967/page-53#post-547399

Also, see my signature below for how the RT-AX88U performed when I first got it vs. the RT-AC86U (and why I kept it, of course).

Do I need to get ax88u back, since I return 2 already.

That is up to you to decide.

All I know is that a router without RMerlin support, even the AX11000, is not on my recommended list.

That is up to you to decide.

All I know is that a router without RMerlin support, even the AX11000, is not on my recommended list.
I just got the problem in GT 5300. My AC1900P aimesh node is going to offline after couple hours, and I have to reboot the GT 5300 to get it back to online. I have no idea what cause this issue. just happened this two days. sigh, I have no idea what router I should get it right now. I don't have any issue running two ac68u before. or just to get the zenwifi ax.

My AX has been stable since I first got it. I mainly have been running in in Wireless bridge mode with an Orbi RBK853 system to enjoy full AX support since I don't have any other AX supporting client devices. Thought AX is still draft, hopefully will be finalized this year. I see ASUS just included WPA2/WPA3 support. Something also new to the front lines.

It's a shame the ASUS make the FW proprietary and not 3rd party FW supportive for RMerlin. :oops: I Think that's one big drawback.

I have a friend who recommended this router to me. His system is setup for AIMesh, I think he has a 3100 and one other AIMesh supporting router. He said he loves it and has zero issues with it.

It's a shame the ASUS make the FW proprietary and not 3rd party FW supportive for RMerlin. :oops: I Think that's one big drawback.

Asus are way, way more open-source friendly than any of the competitors like Netgear or D-Link. Netgear for instance closes the whole source code to the httpd server and the firewall generation code. And last time a third party developer tried to contact Netgear in working with them, they pretty much ignored him, while Asus has been very supportive of my work... within the legal boundaries that they must follow themselves. They are even uploading the GPL archives directly on my FTP server, so I don't need to constantly search for them on all of their support site pages.

My AX has been stable since I first got it. I mainly have been running in in Wireless bridge mode with an Orbi RBK853 system to enjoy full AX support since I don't have any other AX supporting client devices. Thought AX is still draft, hopefully will be finalized this year. I see ASUS just included WPA2/WPA3 support. Something also new to the front lines.

I have a friend who recommended this router to me. His system is setup for AIMesh, I think he has a 3100 and one other AIMesh supporting router. He said he loves it and has zero issues with it.

I saw that and I was very impressed :):):)

Asus are way, way more open-source friendly than any of the competitors like Netgear or D-Link. Netgear for instance closes the whole source code to the httpd server and the firewall generation code. And last time a third party developer tried to contact Netgear in working with them, they pretty much ignored him, while Asus has been very supportive of my work... within the legal boundaries that they must follow themselves. They are even uploading the GPL archives directly on my FTP server, so I don't need to constantly search for them on all of their support site pages.
Do you think I should get the ax88u back for future since I want to upgrade my internet to 1000mbs?

Do you think I should get the ax88u back for future since I want to upgrade my internet to 1000mbs?
Speedtest: Ping: 13ms DL: 546.27Mbps/UL: 148.66Mbps
Google: Ping: 12ms/DL: 277.2Mbps/UL: 137.4 Mbps
Diffirence in time ~5 mins

Tested @ 0300 GMT

Ya I know, ASUS is one of the few left that are open source friendly. NG is to a point. Voxel seems to have an IN for a few NG model routers. He just picked up the Orbi 50 series. However NG is still limiting on what Voxel can do.

I wish ASUS would open up support for you on the AX11000. I believe we are seeing that problem of two or more game consoles on the same router running at the same time again on stock FW.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...e-nat-issue-with-two-xbox-one-consoles.61559/
We saw this on the GT-AC5300 back then, however your fine tuning of the the FW resolved that. I wish you could do the same for the AX-11000. :oops:

They are listening and will come out a solution which or may not satisfied all user. But I believed a moral or legal obligation and responsibility Asus will know what to do.

I wish ASUS would open up support for you on the AX11000.

There is nothing for Asus to "open up" for me. I do not support any GT model simply because of the amount of additional work involved in supporting those models.

I still don't make a decision to keep the gt 5300, or get ax88u, or get ax11000.
Get a TP-Link AX router. At least you don't have to worry about updates as TP-Link usually releases no updates after release most of the times.

Get a TP-Link AX router. At least you don't have to worry about updates as TP-Link usually releases no updates after release most of the times.
But I want a stable Wi-Fi network. How is tp link product, I never used before

I wish you did.

Thanks.

There is nothing for Asus to "open up" for me. I do not support any GT model simply because of the amount of additional work involved in supporting those models.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!