What's new

Is it possible to add BRT routers features into Merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tiko

Occasional Visitor
Is it possible to take features on ASUSWRT for BRT router series, like "Free Wifi", and use them on AC68U?

Look at the specifications of both models , they are entirely different.

BRT is Qualcom based and 4x4 wireless. AC68U Broadcom based and 3x3 wireless.

Look at the specifications of both models , they are entirely different.

BRT is Qualcom based and 4x4 wireless. AC68U Broadcom based and 3x3 wireless.
Thanks for your answer, although I do need those kind of features, I was thinking about programming but I can't tell if I have the time. I do have an AC87U that astonishingly is slower than the AC68U, that's why I named the other one first.

Maybe it would be easily to purchase the BRT

Thanks for your answer, although I do need those kind of features, I was thinking about programming but I can't tell if I have the time. I do have an AC87U that astonishingly is slower than the AC68U, that's why I named the other one first.

Maybe it would be easily to purchase the BRT
I don't think Merlin wants to kill his relationship with Asus by adding "BRT" features to "RT" models, plus that goes beyond the scope of what he is doing anyway. If you have a need (business or personal) for features that only exist on "BRT" models, then purchasing a "BRT" model is the correct choice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!