What's new

Is my RBR50 Bricked, can flash with TFTP ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

photai

New Around Here
I've been using my RBR50 for several years with voxel firmware without issue. Last week we had the power flicker 4-5x within a 10 minute or so period and that's when the issue started. The router just had a flashing white light on top and was not accessible via web portal. I tried unplugging for a minute and restarting it a few times to no help. I then read instructions on how to flash firmware via TFTP which I was able to successfully do (tried a couple different versions of the stock NG FW) but the router is still not accessible via portal and does not connect to the modem. Oddly enough it is working now as a switch even with the continuous blinking white light. Is there anything else to test or try before throwing in the towel? Thanks.

I've been using my RBR50 for several years with voxel firmware without issue. Last week we had the power flicker 4-5x within a 10 minute or so period and that's when the issue started. The router just had a flashing white light on top and was not accessible via web portal. I tried unplugging for a minute and restarting it a few times to no help. I then read instructions on how to flash firmware via TFTP which I was able to successfully do (tried a couple different versions of the stock NG FW) but the router is still not accessible via portal and does not connect to the modem. Oddly enough it is working now as a switch even with the continuous blinking white light. Is there anything else to test or try before throwing in the towel? Thanks.

I would do the following to reanimate your RBR50:

(1) Clear the cache of your browser.
(2) Disconnect your WAN port.
(3) Flash exactly this version of the stock firmware by TFTP:

(4) Try to reboot your RBR50 and to access ii from WebGUI. If problems: reset it pushing reset hole.
(5) If you are able to access it now flash my version (optional of course, up to you)..
(6) Setup it from the scratch. WAN port could be attached again.

Good luck,
Voxel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I was able to again successfully flash with this version. After it updated, I waited 5 mins, no light on top of router, power light solid green. Changed my ipv4 settings back to default. Still not able to get anything, I unplugged and plugged back in top light now flashes white and unable to get into web and then held down reset button until power light turns amber. I get a slow white flash on top light but no power light after 5 mins and still no web access. Unplug and plug in, faster white flash on top then turns slower again, solid green power but no web access. I used a different browser and cleared cache.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!