What's new

Is someone getting back door access via my router??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokie

Regular Contributor
Just had a quick glance at the protection on my router and it looks like a lot is going on. Can someone have a look at the screen shot and let me know if my router is been used for malicious things.
Screenshot_20180501-193021.png

Don't panic, read what it says on that page.

DETAILS OF SUCCESSFULLY PROTECTED EVENTS

That is a list of exploits that were PREVENTED from reaching your router.

Should of looked a little closer. Just saw back door while glancing at it an panicked.

Seriously , you are surprised by this ? o_O:rolleyes:
Obviously it doesn't show what it doesn't detect. My (I guess too subtle) point was we shouldn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that we are protected just because we have a long list of blocked attempts.

Obviously it doesn't show what it doesn't detect. My (I guess too subtle) point was we shouldn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that we are protected just because we have a long list of blocked attempts.

Indeed , there will always be another new exploit coming to your address soon .
I still think TrendMicro did a very stupid thing putting that list there , it causes so much trouble ............

Indeed , there will always be another new exploit coming to your address soon .
I still think TrendMicro did a very stupid thing putting that list there , it causes so much trouble ............

The list is harmless... nothing wrong with knowing what is happening. The AiProtection FAQ helps to explain things a bit, if the user can read and understand it.

OE

The list is harmless... nothing wrong with knowing what is happening. The AiProtection FAQ helps to explain things a bit, if the user can read and understand it.

OE

No, that list is causing widespread panic and shows that a lot users ( hence the many posts here ) don't know or do not understand what is happening or why.

AIProtection was blocking all this stuff silently and people weren't being scared out of their wits.

Another point is that if your router is patched and firewall is on , this stuff bounces off anyway.

No, that list is causing widespread panic and shows that a lot users ( hence the many posts here ) don't know or do not understand what is happening or why.

AIProtection was blocking all this stuff silently and people weren't being scared out of their wits.

Another point is that if your router is patched and firewall is on , this stuff bounces off anyway.

I understand ignorance is bliss, but still the list is harmless. Anyone panicking will get over it once they learn something new. Users should know that their Internet connection and their private data and network behind it are at constant risk so that they take the necessary precautions to secure it and maintain that security always. Hiding the problem doesn't help realize this.

OE

Actually I find the revamped AiProtection output logs very useful and it would be nice to have the same type of information in the email alerts sent. The emails are currently rather generic borderline meaningless. This reach information gives me an idea of the extent and quality of the attacks currently faced by my router. I can have an appreciation on the type of the attacks and prevalence of certain vulnerabilities/exploits compared to others.

The logs are not visible upfront and you really need to look for them, so in principle they should not create so much panic as most users will not even know that such report exist.

The logs are not visible upfront and you really need to look for them, so in principle they should not create so much panic as most users will not even know that such report exist.
So it sounds like you are talking about something besides the table under the graphic plot? Where are the logs kept?

No, sorry for the possible confusion, I am talking exactly about those tables that unless you look for in the corresponding tab they are not visible from the main GUI

My previous router was the Nighthawk X6 and I'm sure there was logs or some way of seen what was happening on the attack front but I was ignorant because i couldn' see anything. At least with Asus it' something I can visually see and like my original post I can ask the questions I should be asking. Every little bit of knowledge helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!