What's new

is the ac66u b1 a decent router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yipee Kaiyay

Occasional Visitor
i have the 68u currently and it has been pretty good for me...i'm thinking of buying the 66u to act as a wireless repeater. i'll be keeping the firmware stock.
are there any issues with uptime, dropouts, disconnects, etc.?

i have the 68u currently and it has been pretty good for me...i'm thinking of buying the 66u to act as a wireless repeater. i'll be keeping the firmware stock.
are there any issues with uptime, dropouts, disconnects, etc.?
The AC66U_B1 has pretty much the same hardware as the AC68U. Uses the same firmware. Should work well for you but it may be better as an AiMesh node. I have one in reserve in case someone in the family needs a router or my AX86U craps out.

I do have a RT-AC68U as main router and a RT-AC1900U (same as RT-AC66 B1) as Media Bridge, it works perfectly well.
Price wise the AC routers are ok, specially as long as you do not have AX clients.

I do have a RT-AC68U as main router and a RT-AC1900U (same as RT-AC66 B1) as Media Bridge, it works perfectly well.
Price wise the AC routers are ok, specially as long as you do not have AX clients.
thanks gonna look for one in the used market

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!