What's new

Is the Eero Pro 6 A Downgrade From the Asus RT-AX58U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kage

Occasional Visitor
I’m thinking of replacing my Asus RT-AX58u router to the Eero Pro 6. Is the Eero Pro 6 a downgrade from my current router?

A downgrade in which particular aspect?

Anything is an upgrade from the RT-AX58U. Except possibly, the Eero Pro 6 (2020 release). I haven't used that, so only testing, in your specific environment, will let you know.

I’m thinking of replacing my Asus RT-AX58u router to the Eero Pro 6. Is the Eero Pro 6 a downgrade from my current router?
AFA as a privacy downgrade, absolutely! With Eero almost all mgmt functionality that's local to ASUS routers is behind a subscription paywall with Eero/Amazon.

Thanks for pointing that out @slackjaw99 (I didn't know).

That would automatically negate considering this model (for me).

Agree. In terms of management, having to create an account with them merely to access /any/ (of their more-limited) settings knocks their products right off my list of possibilities. It matters nothing else to me in terms of any equipment capability they may have.