What's new

Is there any news of IFTTT compliance in Asus Merlin firmware for RT 68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hamood Aslam

New Around Here
Hello Every one, I noticed when visiting the IFTTT website, that there seems to be a channel for Asus routers, but while trying to setup an applet a IFTTTT code from ASUS Router is required? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

It seems there's no development on IFTTT router integration for a very long time. Maybe Asus dropped it...

Alexa and IFTTT is currently only available on the 382 code branch, used by the GT-AC5300 and RT-AC86U.

I have no plan to backport this on top of 380, especially as I consider both of them to be security risks.

Thank you every one for your replies, Merlin didn't Asus just implement IFTTT in their upcoming router Blue Cave, so I take it Asus has not given up on the idea, but I guess it would never find its way on firmware for old routers like the RT-AC68U?

I thought this was to be available on their newer routers, including my RT-AC3100. If there is a security risk, though, maybe I should be careful of what I wish for!

I would absolutely love my RT-AC66U_B1 (using merlin fw v380_69) to support IFTTT. All I am really interested in doing is finding a more direct way to use my Google Home mini to turn on my PC, which has WOL enabled. "Hey Google, turn on my PC" would be most excellent in my smart home, because the on button is way out of reach to get too.

Google Home > IFTTT > Asus Router = PC ON! (or any other WOL enabled machine in the house for that matter)

I hope Asus nails this down soon... OR Google adds it natively to the Home devices, if possible.

What would it take to change your mind?
I seriously hope he stays away from this as long as it opens the router webui to the internet. Such a stupid, stupid idea...:eek:

That’s your ideA. A lot of people who are not teksavvy need capabilities to turn the router on/off with Alexa

I can’t always be around to do it.

Or other commands too

If there are issues at home I would like my wife to be able to reboot the router by a simple command to Alexa
Just remember that Lazarus was raise from the dead.

D'un canadien à l'autre
I have a strong feeling your next post will be "I've been hacked, experts please help".

I have a strong feeling your next post will be "I've been hacked, experts please help".
Security is no issue for him, possibly there is nothing to be hacked at home except his wife!!!

So why not use last firmware which supported his request to play around with Alexa & Co?

Security is no issue for him, possibly there is nothing to be hacked at home except his wife!!!

So why not use last firmware which supported his request to play around with Alexa & Co?

Because hacked devices often end up being part of a botnet, which are used to attack everyone else. His security is also yours and mine.

Because hacked devices often end up being part of a botnet, which are used to attack everyone else. His security is also yours and mine.
has been meant sarcastically (wife) and ironically for the rest ...
seems I havnt been clear enough.

That’s your ideA. A lot of people who are not teksavvy need capabilities to turn the router on/off with Alexa

Or other commands too

If there are issues at home I would like my wife to be able to reboot the router by a simple command to Alexa
A reboot would be beneficial when the router is not responsive or unable to sustain a wireless connection. I guess that rules out voice commands to reboot it...

So you'd better teach your wife to pull the power chord and put it back again :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Plug... OK :)
Sorry I did not mean to offend, just word play.

I know my Dutch is zero so you have an advantage on me :)

Or other commands too

Even my 94 year old father knows hows to turn the router off and on , it's not that hard no need for Alexa or Google , and his idea of high tech is the push button telephone .
Wish more people understood that your security on these routers can have wide reaching effects .

plug, chord or whatelse

simply press power button on backside twice should turn off and on again the router.
This is common knowledge since many decades sadly not guilty for newest devices without power switch.
But they are old fashioned and built with an power switch.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!