What's new

Is this configuration excessively intricate? ASUS XT8 access points along with XD4 devices.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaspianRavenscroft

New Around Here
As an impressionable guy who values privacy and safety, I believe it's crucial to address the measures taken to protect our information when buying essays online. If you're interested in learning more about this, I recommend checking out the review at https://us.rankmywriter.com/essayusa-review. It provides valuable insights into the privacy and security practices of EssayUSA.

When it comes to buying essays, confidentiality is a top concern. We want to ensure that our personal information, academic details, and financial transactions remain secure and protected. This is where it's essential to research and choose reputable and trustworthy essay writing services.

The review at https://us.rankmywriter.com/essayusa-review can offer valuable information regarding the privacy and security measures implemented by EssayUSA. It's crucial to assess how they handle customer data, protect sensitive information, and ensure that confidentiality is maintained throughout the process.

When engaging with any essay writing service, it's important to consider the following aspects:

1. Secure Payment Options: Look for services that offer secure payment gateways, such as encrypted connections and reputable payment processors. This helps safeguard your financial information during the transaction process.
  2. Data Protection Policies: Ensure that the essay writing service has clear and transparent data protection policies in place. They should outline how they handle and protect customer data, including personal information and academic details. It's important to review their privacy policy and terms of service to understand their practices.
  3. Confidentiality Agreements: Reputable essay writing services should have strict confidentiality agreements in place. These agreements ensure that your personal information, the details of your essay, and any other sensitive information remain confidential and are not shared with third parties.
  4. Communication Channels: Consider the communication channels offered by the essay writing service. Look for options that prioritize secure and encrypted communication, such as encrypted messaging systems or secure file transfers.
By carefully evaluating these factors and conducting thorough research, we can make informed decisions and choose essay writing services that prioritize our privacy and security.

Last edited:
To address this, I've come up with a solution. I will connect XD4 devices to the LAN ports of the XT8 access points and create a separate SSID specifically for IoT devices. This way, I can also have a guest network set up if needed.
Well, that will give you a separate SSID for the IoT devices, but it's not clear to me that it gives you any actual security benefit. What stops the IoT gear from accessing all the rest of your LAN? Even if you have the XD4s set in router mode rather than AP mode, by default they will see the rest of your LAN as just part of that big internet out there.

Solutions for this do exist, ie you can in principle block access to the address space of your LAN. However, I'm not sure if the XD4 firmware is flexible enough to let you do that --- I'm not familiar with that particular model. You might need to get some other make of router.

Another possibility is to plug the XD4s directly into the Firewalla Gold and write firewall rules on that to prevent access from the XD4s to the rest of your LAN. However, you might be short some ports on the Firewalla --- I think it only has 4 ports including the WAN port. Where you might end up is with the XD4s plugged directly into the Firewalla, and its remaining port connected to a plain ethernet switch, where you connect the XT8s and any other trusted wired gear.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!