What's new

IPTV Configuration from Huawei ONT to Asus RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mra1412

Occasional Visitor
I recently bought an ASUS RT-AX86U router and set my old ISP-provided Huawei ONT (HG8546M) to bridge mode. However, I am not able to bridge the IPTV connection even after manually setting the VLAN ID and priority in AX86U's IPTV configuration. How can I do that?

I've attached the screenshots for both my Huawei ONT configuration (by the ISP) for IPTV and Asus' configuration.

Attachments

• Screenshot (38).png
    Screenshot (38).png
    44.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot (41).png
    Screenshot (41).png
    75.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
What firmware version are you using? Who is your ISP?

Try this with your IPTV device plugged into LAN port 4.
Untitled.png

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with this kind of service. Can you ask Optix for help?

BTW one of the LAN ports is checked in the "Binding Options" on my internet configuration (not shown in the screenshot) to enable internet connectivity on that particular port (which is connected to the WAN port of my router). Unchecking all didn't get me any internet.

BTW one of the LAN ports is checked in the "Binding Options" on my internet configuration (not shown in the screenshot) to enable internet connectivity on that particular port (which is connected to the WAN port of my router).
Ah, I was wondering about that. Can you bind the IPTV VLAN to a different port and connect your IPTV box to that and only use your Asus for the bridged internet?

Last edited:
I recently bought an ASUS RT-AX86U router and set my old ISP-provided Huawei ONT (HG8546M) to bridge mode. However, I am not able to bridge the IPTV connection even after manually setting the VLAN ID and priority in AX86U's IPTV configuration. How can I do that?

I've attached the screenshots for both my Huawei ONT configuration (by the ISP) for IPTV and Asus' configuration.
You have to ask VLAN ID to your ISP first if your IPTV requires VLAN. If they use it they will give you 3 VLAN IDs. You have to use those IDs which are provided from your ISP. Otherwise, your own IDs don't work at all.

Ah, I was wondering about that. Can you bind the IPTV VLAN to a different port and connect your IPTV box to that and only use your Asus for the bridged internet?
I can't since I only have one ethernet cable connecting my router and the STB and both of them are on separate floors.

You have to ask VLAN ID to your ISP first if your IPTV requires VLAN. If they use it they will give you 3 VLAN IDs. You have to use those IDs which are provided from your ISP. Otherwise, your own IDs don't work at all.
They only provided one VLAN ID that is 266.

You better contact your ISP again.
Try reading the thread and looking at his screen shots. The VLAN information is all there. He doesn't need three VLANs only the two we've already been talking about (one for internet and the other for IPTV).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!