What's new

is this due to web crashed on the AX1000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Make sure the router’s URL is whitelisted in any browser extensions you are running that might interfere (e.g. Privacy, Ad-blocking, etc).

even my internet connection is affected

May 5 13:05:47 Samba_Server: daemon is started
Jun 20 12:50:27 ntpd: Initial clock set
Jun 20 12:50:27 rc_service: ntpd_synced 2824:notify_rc restart_diskmon
Jun 20 12:50:27 disk_monitor: Finish
Jun 20 12:50:27 disk_monitor: be idle
Jun 20 12:50:28 WAN_Connection: WAN was restored.

Seems that this issue have been out there since 2018 and no one seems to be bothered to fix it permanently. It is an expensive product but rubbish firmware and support. The old linksys router will do a much better job than with this router
I see you have been using Merlinware since at least December 2013 ... and have periodically complained about issues which you encountered [but few if anyone else did?]. I am surprised that you now lambast the firmware for issues on your GT-AX11000 [there is no AX1000 which you refer to !]

I too have experienced the browser blankness with the webui a few times over the years - but EVERY time it was because I slipped up in doing something correctly. Properly clearing browser caches - sometimes resetting the browser as well - often sorted the issue permanently.

However ignoring the firmware upgrade procedures so eloquently described by @L&LD in several of his posts - seems to have created the most issues for users. If you came from Asus stock firmware on your GT-AX11000 to Merlinware 386.2_6 then I assume you did a FULL factory reset and rebuild from scratch?

Anyway - you are of course entitled to your opinion on the Asus routers - but it would be kinder to simply switch to the Linksys you believe in and leave this great community of Asus enthusiasts to continue supporting each other.

Seems that this issue have been out there since 2018 and no one seems to be bothered to fix it permanently. It is an expensive product but rubbish firmware and support. The old linksys router will do a much better job than with this router

Insulting the developer is not going to get you a lot of help or sympathy.

> PEBKAC <

This problem is usually caused by people NOT reading the release notes and failing to refresh the browser cache and / or reboot/reset the router when required between version upgrades.

Merlin provides detailed notes for all his upgrades.

I've been using ASUS routers and Merlin firmware for the last 8 years and have never once had this happen.

The only time I lost access to the router was my own stupid fault for messing up the firmware upgrade myself by trying to flash the wrong .trx file.

even my internet connection is affected

May 5 13:05:47 Samba_Server: daemon is started
Jun 20 12:50:27 ntpd: Initial clock set
Jun 20 12:50:27 rc_service: ntpd_synced 2824:notify_rc restart_diskmon
Jun 20 12:50:27 disk_monitor: Finish
Jun 20 12:50:27 disk_monitor: be idle
Jun 20 12:50:28 WAN_Connection: WAN was restored.
This log shows that a reboot happened (date was temporarily reverted to May 5). Had you manually power cycled the router? If not, the entire router is crashing and not only the httpd process.

If a full factory default reset doesn’t stabilize it, assume it is a hardware or power supply issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!