What's new

Issue with Autom4te/ChannelDefs.pm when building on Debian 7.8 x86

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ethician

Occasional Visitor
This is the exact point where it stops:

Code:
   nvram_arm
make[4]: Entering directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/nvram_arm'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/nvram_arm'
( cd iptables-1.4.x ; ./autogen.sh )
Can't locate Autom4te/ChannelDefs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /projects/hnd/tools/linux/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3/share/autoconf /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /home/tom/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3/bin/autoreconf line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/tom/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/toolchains/hndtools-arm-linux-2.6.36-uclibc-4.5.3/bin/autoreconf line 40.
make[3]: *** [iptables-1.4.x/configure] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
make: *** [default] Error 2

Have to add that on my Ubuntu 12 VM there is no issue at all. I even tried adding /projects/... to my system and s-linking the appropriate directory from the toolchains/arm... to no avail:

Code:
   nvram_arm
make[4]: Entering directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/nvram_arm'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/nvram_arm'
( cd iptables-1.4.x ; ./autogen.sh )
libtoolize: $pkgltdldir is not a directory: `/opt/brcm-arm/share/libtool'
autoreconf: libtoolize failed with exit status: 1
make[3]: *** [iptables-1.4.x/configure] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/develop/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
make: *** [rt-ac68u] Error 2

Is there an easy explanation/fix?

Edit: I have to add that the system was prepared as per wiki.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Debian is not a supported platform. You'll be on your own there to determine which specific versions of the various autoconf tools are required, as well as any other dependencies.