What's new

Error compiling for AX58U: cannot find crt1.o crti.o crtbegin.o

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pm123

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am new to compiling firmware from source and i am trying to compile ax58u from source code.

I have followed these steps and sudo apt installed the libraries needed:
Code:
sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd /opt/toolchains
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\$LD_LIBRARY:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/lib" >> ~/.profile
echo "export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=/opt/toolchains" >> ~/.profile
echo "PATH=\$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin" >> ~/.profile
echo "PATH=\$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin" >> ~/.profile

and when i run make rt-ax58u, i get this error.

Code:
.../asuswrt/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl69/main/src/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/5.5.0/../../../../arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
.../asuswrt/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl69/main/src/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/5.5.0/../../../../arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
.../asuswrt/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl69/main/src/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/5.5.0/../../../../arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [Makefile:723: busybox_unstripped] Error 1

I have all these installed based on the wiki docs.
Code:
sudo apt-get install libtool-bin cmake libproxy-dev uuid-dev liblzo2-dev autoconf autoconf-archive automake bash bison \
bzip2 diffutils file flex m4 g++ gawk groff-base libncurses5-dev libtool libslang2 make patch perl pkg-config shtool \
subversion tar texinfo zlib1g zlib1g-dev git gettext libexpat1-dev libssl-dev cvs gperf unzip \
python libxml-parser-perl gcc-multilib gconf-editor libxml2-dev g++-multilib gitk libncurses5 mtd-utils \
libncurses5-dev libvorbis-dev git autopoint autogen automake-1.15 sed build-essential intltool libglib2.0-dev \
xutils-dev lib32z1-dev lib32stdc++6 xsltproc gtk-doc-tools libelf1:i386

Any idea what i can do from here? or are there any libraries i should install?
Or if you need more error msg, pls let me know!

thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @pm123.

Did you read the documentation? Are you running the recommended (Linux) builds?

What assumptions are you making about the process?

Possibly.

I hope someone that does this will be along to help you soon (but, be patient for at least 24 hours... this is an international forum, after all).

22.04 is not compatible with the SDK. You must use 20.04 as documented.