What's new

Issues w/ Switch & Streaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dahyippur

Occasional Visitor
I'm looking for any insight as to why my network & HDHR Connect (HDHR4-2US) are behaving strangely. I've worked around the issue by not:

1) Connecting the HDHR Connect directly to the switch

2) Connecting more than one client directly to the switch

Not a networking expert, but I've not had any conflicts with this switch over the past couple years apart from HDHomeRun. Wiring my HDHR Connect or more than one client into the switch results in consistent buffering and timeouts. Avoiding more than one client on the switch gives me perfect streams with no hiccups. My setup is Fiber > ONT > RT-AC68U > TEG-S5g > Amazon Ethernet Adapter > FireTV3 Pendant.

Any advice on how to diagnose or understand whats happening here would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe you have a wireless path AND a wired path to the HDHR ?
I am assuming the FTV3 is using wireless as well as wired ?

Need a full network map to get a better idea.

The only things connected wirelessly are cellphones and a printer, pendants are wired and have no wifi pw saved. The phones and printer have never used hdhr

Attachments

• dahnetwork.png
    dahnetwork.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 338
I've upgraded the router's firmware then reset to factory defaults and the problem seems to have disappeared! Not sure exactly what setting was causing trouble maybe spanning tree

I've upgraded the router's firmware then reset to factory defaults and the problem seems to have disappeared! Not sure exactly what setting was causing trouble maybe spanning tree

This is exactly how 'reset to factory defaults' is expected to work.

It gives you a good/known router state that lets the installed firmware work as well as it should. ;)

If you toggle the spanning tree option and reboot, does the issue re-appear? I would guess no.

This is exactly how 'reset to factory defaults' is expected to work.

It gives you a good/known router state that lets the installed firmware work as well as it should. ;)

If you toggle the spanning tree option and reboot, does the issue re-appear? I would guess no.

I'll test this on a quiet day, requires cutting cable ties and some downtime

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!