What's new

Issues When Changing 2.4G settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WifiGhost

Regular Contributor
When I change a setting on the 2.4Ghz network, I switched it from 20/40 to 40Mhz, the network breaks, it shows up for devices, but when I try to connect any device after applying the change it comes back with password incorrect or just fails to connect. If I do a power cycle it comes back up, but when I change anything again the issue comes back. I do have custom scripts so I wonder if its the bridge script, when changing a setting, does the bridge get reset and the script is run?

Last edited:
when changing a setting on 2.4Ghz, does the bridge get reset and the script is run?
The bridge is reconfigured. We don't know anything about your script or how it's run so can't speculate whether any of your changes are "reset".

The bridge is reconfigured. We don't know anything about your script or how it's run so can't speculate whether any of your changes are "reset".
the script is bridge-reset and is in the jffs folder, it runs a couple brctl delete and add commands to remove the wifi networks that are part of vlans and add them to the 2 bridges setup by the services startup script that runs during bootup, in total there are 3 scripts named services start, bridge reset, and service event end( one line to run the bridge reset script in the jffs folder), no issues when booting, just when applying a change to one of the wifi networks

I can only suggest that you modify your bridge-reset script so that it first dumps the current bridge configuration to the syslog so you can see what has changed.

I can only suggest that you modify your bridge-reset script so that it first dumps the current bridge configuration to the syslog so you can see what has changed.
The post I followed to create the vlans and bridges did say to disable the ethswctl hw-switching, I did not include this as I run in AP mode with my FW doing the addressing etc..., could this be an issue? I created a post asking about this feature and never got a reply. This was before I adding scripts.

The post I followed to create the vlans and bridges did say to disable the ethswctl hw-switching, I did not include this as I run in AP mode with my FW doing the addressing etc..., could this be an issue? I created a post asking about this feature and never got a reply. This was before I adding scripts.
Sorry, no idea. I've never done anything with the bridge configuration.