What's new

/jffs/.asdbk/main_checker.sh_bk growing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

altium

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I'm running 3004.388.6 and I have a custom backup script stored in /jffs/scripts.

The main part of my script:
Bash:
# Saving NVRAM
echo "Saving NVRAM..."
nvram save /tmp/"$nvram_backup".cfg
nvram show > /tmp/"$nvram_backup".txt

# jffs tar
echo "Saving /jffs..."
tar -cf /tmp/$jffs_file -C /jffs .
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
 echo "Error. Exiting..."
 exit 1
fi

# tar.gz
echo "Creating archive..."
tar -czf /tmp/$archive_file -C /tmp $nvram_backup.cfg $nvram_backup.txt $jffs_file
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
 echo "Error. Exiting..."
 exit 1
fi

After this I'm uploading the tar.gz with curl.

I have noticed that the output tar.gz is constantly growing. After some investigation I've realized that the file /jffs/.asdbk/main_checker.sh_bk was at the end 90MB...

Does somebody have an idea what is the purpose of this file and why is it growing? How can I avoid this?

Thanks in advance!

It’s usually a copy of the last file that the ASD security daemon checked or auto-deleted. See what’s in it. Mine was a Adblock blocklist, for example.

It’s usually a copy of the last file that the ASD security daemon checked or auto-deleted. See what’s in it. Mine was a Adblock blocklist, for example.
There is a lot of binary like part, some outputs (eg. hostapd, wlceventd, dnsmasq-dhcp), the source of all of my scripts stored in /jffs, curl output and so on. Looks like a mixture for me. :eek:

There is a lot of binary like part, some outputs (eg. hostapd, wlceventd, dnsmasq-dhcp), the source of all of my scripts stored in /jffs, curl output and so on. Looks like a mixture for me. :eek:
Maybe it’s a copy of your tar backup?

That seems to be a logical answer, thanks :cool:! Question is then, how can I avoid it to grow? Should I simply exclude it from the tar or there is some smarter way to achieve my goal?
You could use a tar exclusion file, or take a look at BACKUPMON, which essentially does much of what your script does, but also includes a copy of your External USB drive as well... and it makes use of exclusion files. ;)