What's new

JFFS unmounted after Firmware-Update to RT-AC68U 386.1.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HOgi

Occasional Visitor
JFFS is unmounted after I updated the Firmare of my RT-AC68U to latest Merlin 386.1.2.
If I flash back to 386.1.0 everything is fine again. Allready tried "Format JFFS partition at next boot" without success.

Any ideas?

Try to update to latest Alpha2 there is som fixes /jffs mount when restarting..

No, this would take me 1 hour or longer... I'm now back on 386.1.0 and the error is gone.
Then you have not taken advantage of the new bug fixes and updates and probably suffer from some fixed bugs.

Run this command, then reboot:

Code:
nvram set jffs2_on=1
nvram commit

Works.... BIG THX @RMerlin
Fortunately, in the lastest 386.1_2 firmware, Merlin added the ability to SSH into the router even when the JFFS partition failed to mount (Dropbear would still load into a tmp directory).

Prior to that update, when in 386.1, my JFFS partition would also fail to mount (in my RT-AC68U) and I could not access SSH (Dropbear failed to load) .

I don't know how some of you guys are ending up with jffs2_on being set to 0, as "1" is the default value.