What's new

Just had the 100% CPU problem again

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I had a problem with spdMerlin not working today and when I checked, the USB flash drive had unmounted itself somehow (I wasn't too bothered because I wanted to use a different flash drive anyway). So I decided to "bite the bullet" and re-install all the amtm scripts from scratch. I formatted the drive on my computer to NSTC, reformatted jffs on next boot and then rebooted the router. Fine so far. Next, I formatted the new flash drive to EXT4, created a 2G swap file and ran disc check, which had a clean result. After that, I installed Entware and then Diversion, Skynet, etc. However, Skynet didn't appear to be working, so I uninstalled and then re-installed it, after which everything seemed to be working OK. However, when I checked a couple of hours later, both CPU's on my RT-AC86U were stuck on 100%. Assuming it was something to do with the new scripts, I uninstalled each, checking the CPU after each one had been removed. But even after uninstalling all of them and unplugging the flash drive, the CPU's stayed at 100%. Only after rebooting the router did everthing return to normal. Has anyone any idea about what could have caused this problem as I believe some other users have been having high CPU problems?

Has anyone any idea about what could have caused this problem as I believe some other users have been having high CPU problems?
Not unless you took a screenshot of the processes that were running (top) when the problem was happening.

I had this too and forgot to screenshot the 'top' results.

I believe I had two processes to do with Diversion reporting about 20% each and a bunch of other things taking the total up to about 70%.

A reboot sorted it out and still monitoring for further occurrences.