What's new

LAN > DHCP List - Manually Assigned Name + Icon DONT SAVE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

copperhead

Occasional Visitor
Router: GT-AC2900
Version: 386.13

Under LAN > DHCP List one can manually assign an IP to a MAC Address. Furthermore I can set the name of the device + provide an icon. This hasnt been a problem for years but possibly since 386.12 I havent been able to save NEW items properly. Yes, i can still create and assign a static IP but changing the device name from the default "New Device" to anything else or modifying the icon is not possible; it always remains as the default.

Just wondering if there is a reason / fix. I've already rebooted the router.

Under LAN > DHCP List one can manually assign an IP to a MAC Address. Furthermore I can set the name of the device + provide an icon. This hasnt been a problem for years but possibly since 386.12 I havent been able to save NEW items properly. Yes, i can still create and assign a static IP but changing the device name from the default "New Device" to anything else or modifying the icon is not possible; it always remains as the default.

When was the last time you did a factory reset on the router?

How many devices in the list? It could be you have used up the limited space. Perhaps YazDHCP would help.

A better way to get around the "problem" is to assign static IP addresses at the client. Just leave a pool of addresses free in your DHCP assignment. If you ever have to reset the router you do not have to manually assign a bunch of addresses.

For my RT-AC86U routers, I found that after a period of several days of router operation, changes made to custom names and icons do not stick. Immediately after a reboot, any changes I make will stick.

If these will not stick for you even immediately after a reboot, then I suggest a factory reset as others said.