What's new

lan dhcp server issue with router mode + wifi clients?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

badbob001

Occasional Visitor
I have an external dhcp server on my LAN and wifi users connected to the ac86u router can't obtain an ip address. Ethernet users don't have issues obtaining an ip. AP isolation is not enabled. If I enable the built-in dhcp server on the ac86u, wifi users are able to obtain an ip.

Is this a problem with router mode? I also have several ac68u units in ap mode where wifi users can still obtain ip addresses. All units are hardwired and aimesh is not used.

Maybe it's a bug with the firmware? ac86u is at 3.0.0.4.384_81930.

If the WiFi users are connected to a Guest WiFi SSID which has access to the intranet blocked they won't be able to connect to the DHCP server.

I just realized
If the WiFi users are connected to a Guest WiFi SSID which has access to the intranet blocked they won't be able to connect to the DHCP server.
I just realized that just this morning! I previously only had wifi enabled on the access points, where the intranet block option for guests doesn't work. But when I enable the same settings on router...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!