What's new

LAN down, two mornings in a row. Any advise on what this is?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stevens243

Regular Contributor
Similar to yesterday, this morning, my internet was down when I woke up. Yes, the logs say that it's May 4th but this happened today and this is in between log enteries from yesterday and now (after a reboot). This appears to me to be a hack but I'm not positive.

I also see that when I try to post the text from the log that the forum locks me out to protect itself too.

Any thoughts on this?

https://pastebin.com/PedBpPpd

Similar to yesterday, this morning, my internet was down when I woke up. Yes, the logs say that it's May 4th but this happened today and this is in between log enteries from yesterday and now (after a reboot). This appears to me to be a hack but I'm not positive.

I also see that when I try to post the text from the log that the forum locks me out to protect itself too.

Any thoughts on this?

https://pastebin.com/PedBpPpd
NTP isn't updating, check your NTP server settings. If you are using DoT you may have to add some directives to jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add, something like this would work depending on your servers.
Code:
server=/time.nrc.ca/1.1.1.1
server=/pool.ntp.org/1.1.1.1

I see the last entry you copied of the log shows the time syncing. Everything before that is a reboot like log in my opinion. The May date for time is the default when it cannot sync time yet.

I am using DoT. NTP is set as: pool.ntp.org and time.cloudflare.com

This has been working for quite some time. I remain on .13 firmware as in my signature.

Edit: And why would it set when I reboot but fail a day (or less) later?

I am using DoT. NTP is set as: pool.ntp.org and time.cloudflare.com

This has been working for quite some time. I remain on .13 firmware as in my signature.

Edit: And why would it set when I reboot but fail a day (or less) later?
There is a time sync every 12 hours, this looks like a reboot log though. It would seem you have a reboot issue if you didn't ask the router to reboot.

There is a time sync every 12 hours, this looks like a reboot log though. It would seem you have a reboot issue if you didn't ask the router to reboot.
I rebooted it there at the end manually. I couldn't access the internet nor the router from the wired connected PC. I did not tell it to update when this started late last night.

Most routers take a little while to sync time. So seeing the log full of May 4 is normal until time is set.

Make sure you have Wan/Connect to DNS Server automatically set to No and some DNS servers entered by IP address (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for example) and turn off, uncheck, Network Monitoring in Administration/System.

Make sure you have Wan/Connect to DNS Server automatically set to No and some DNS servers entered by IP address (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for example) and turn off, uncheck, Network Monitoring in Administration/System.
Network monitor is off (I've always kept it off) but I did have DNS server connect to automatic. So, I turned it off (no) and set in the pri/sec cloudflare DNS ip's. I'll monitor but I wonder why it's howling about that all of a sudden.