What's new

LAN IP not WAN IP - How to Fix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MereMortal

New Around Here
I have a ASUS RT-AC68R router running Merlin 384.11_2

Today in configuring the AC68R as a router with an AT&T PACE modem, a LAN IP address of 192.168.xx.x shows up in under the ASUS's Internet Status instead of my AT&T's modem's Public outside IP address.

Ideas on How to fix???

The PACE modem's wifi is off. The ASUS WAN is connected to the PACE LAN. The PACE modem uses a DMZ function to enable a modem-to-separate router configuration. I can connect to the internet, but all configuration instructions indicate that I should see the Public outside IP Address (not a LAN IP), and I am concerned that the LAN IP shows, not the Public outside IP Address.

I have a ASUS RT-AC68R router running Merlin 384.11_2

Today in configuring the AC68R as a router with an AT&T PACE modem, a LAN IP address of 192.168.xx.x shows up in under the ASUS's Internet Status instead of my AT&T's modem's Public outside IP address.

Ideas on How to fix???

The PACE modem's wifi is off. The ASUS WAN is connected to the PACE LAN. The PACE modem uses a DMZ function to enable a modem-to-separate router configuration. I can connect to the internet, but all configuration instructions indicate that I should see the Public outside IP Address (not a LAN IP), and I am concerned that the LAN IP shows, not the Public outside IP Address.
Most DMZ function with the router getting a private IP. If you want a public IP you should look into bridging your modem. This can be done usually with a quick call to your ISP's help desk.

This can be done usually with a quick call to your ISP's help desk.
Or a quick google search. That's how I did it for one of mine.Default password was found online with other people doing same thing and posting in forums.

Most DMZ function with the router getting a private IP. If you want a public IP you should look into bridging your modem. This can be done usually with a quick call to your ISP's help desk.

After further checking, Seems the PACE modem-router does enable Public IP in the ASUS router. Must enable router behind router setting on the Notifications setting location. Dumb location for a useful setting like that but whatev. Needed to unplug them re-plug the ASUS into the PACE router to report “router behind router” then must follow some simple steps on screen to enable ASUS router with Public IP while in DMZ zone of PACE router.

After further checking,

Seems the PACE modem-router does enable Public IP in the ASUS router. Must enable router behind router setting on the Notifications setting location. Dumb location for a useful setting like that but whatev. Needed to unplug them re-plug the ASUS into the PACE router to report “router behind router” then must follow some simple steps on screen to enable ASUS router with Public IP while in DMZ zone of PACE router.