What's new

Solved Latest entware update borked up Unbound

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I thought if you did this through amtm it stopped the process, updated, and restarted it, which is what @visortgw has laid out. No?
In my case in updating this morning, amtm does indeed restart unbound - but unbound needs it’s own “update” (3) in order to work. After the entware update and AMTM restart of all the processes, unbound was not doing any responses. I still needed to run ubnound_manager update before it started operating again.
(Great that unbound_manager has that dns cache save/restore option - thanks @Martineau)

Maybe AMTM can call the ubound_manager update after an entware update?

In my case in updating this morning, amtm does indeed restart unbound - but unbound needs it’s own “update” (3) in order to work. After the entware update and AMTM restart of all the processes, unbound was not doing any responses. I still needed to run ubnound_manager update before it started operating again.
(Great that unbound_manager has that dns cache save/restore option - thanks @Martineau)

Maybe AMTM can call the ubound_manager update after an entware update?
If I remember correctly, that’s because the custom S61unbound init script is overwritten by the opkg upgrade?

I thought if you did this through amtm it stopped the process, updated, and restarted it, which is what @visortgw has laid out. No?
When I updated entware through AMTM, it shows it's stopping unbound... and proceeds with the update. There must be something else that goes out of whack when new binaries are installed that need to be reinitialized I'm guessing.

If I remember correctly, that’s because the custom S61unbound init script is overwritten by the opkg upgrade?
That‘s what I did with pixelserv-tls.

Just updated from amtm. Needed to go into unbound to restart it, but that’s all at the moment. Will check again in the morning that it’s still functioning.

Morning update: unbound is fine, but I see there's a Merlin update now too. lol. zippitydoodah!

Last edited:
I wonder why that doesn't happen with scribe. In fact, the Sxx scripts are all over the place in how/what they do their customizations

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!