What's new

latest firmware for RT AX-86U - bug

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zero7404

Regular Contributor
i am on Firmware:3004.388.5 and noticed that when i try to block internet access to a client from "Client Status" list (typically click on the client and a popup comes up, where i toggle the block internet option) ... peculiarly it seems to work, however no red icon is indicated anymore next to the client in the list, after blocking the client. i have to go into parental controls, time scheduling, locate the device and check what is selected to see if the device pulldown is set to blocked, disable, or time.

the main Client list is where I go to quickly cut internet access to a client (kids). this bug just makes it more difficult to do while on my mobile phone browser and I VPN to the router.

Can you remove the Release prefix from your title as you aren't announcing the release of anything. Thanks.

sorry about that i assumed the prefix was to indicate that i started a subject about an issue in a released firmware

reporting back - after a router reboot, this issue is no longer present.
i must revisit - after some time following reboot it looks like this issue did not resolve.

i have clients in my parental controls i set to block. but in the client list (devices on the right side of the network status page), those devices do not have the red block icon, clicking on them the 'block internet access' toggle is OFF instead of ON.

this is a strange problem, cannot tell for sure that clients are blocked properly or not when i am remote and have to block a client.

can i simply flash the previous firmware onto my rt-86u ? would like to go back to 3004_388.4_0 ...

Yes, you can downgrade the firmware. Flash on top of current firmware, reboot, test.

If something goes wrong after the downgrade - reset to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Yes, you can downgrade the firmware. Flash on top of current firmware, reboot, test.

If something goes wrong after the downgrade - reset to factory defaults and reconfigure.
thanks for the tip...

going to wing it on the notion that a botch-up by downgrading is unlikely (hopefully) ... will know soon

Test your luck. Next time save configuration backup in case you need to go back.

it worked without an issue, all my settings and configuration are in-tact.

i was worried that if the configuration would have gone south, that i would not be able to restore a backup config. not always messing with my router, so for me to redo the setup from scratch would be a few hours worth of time, as opposed to someone who can configure theirs more quickly.

thanks again for the help

seems that any fw i try for my router from the 3004_ series is buggy. it is not remembering my settings in parental controls and has it's wires crossed between time scheduling and manually blocking clients in the active connection list.

i reverted back to RT-AX86U_388.2_2

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!