What's new

LED Control fails after a reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I hope i'm posting this in the right place.

I've noticed that whenever I have tried to use the LED control script, it works fine until I after a reboot and then the schedule I have set up fails. For instance, a few days ago I set it up to use sunrise and sunset times (actually set to a more southerly latitude as the local sunrise and sunset times vary so much between winter and summer in the UK) to see if that had the same problem. All was well for a couple of days and after uploading the latest firmware onto my RT-AX88U yesterday, I noted that the LEDs were still on, which was correct, but they were still on at bedtime, so I switched them off manually at the router, hoping that they would come back on in the morning, but they didn't. It's not a big deal as I can leave the LEDs off permanently if necessary, but I'm intrigued to know why this behaviour might be occurring.

Let me check that.

Next time this happens, please check the following:
1. Check the routers Syslog for amtm ledcontrol entries, one typical entry after reboot could be NTP not ready after 20s timeout, LEDs will switch state with cron. This means NTP was unable to set the routers time clock and thus preventing amtm to set the LEDs to its scheduled state.
2. Check the cron job entries, this can be done in the terminal by entering cru l, it should list three ledcontrol jobs when using the dynamic LED control scheduler.
3. Check in amtm if the lc LED control line correctly displays the scheduled times e.g. 5:36 21:25 D LED on

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!