What's new

Link aggregation - 10gbe client to teamed 1Gb interfaces server?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

apercivall

New Around Here
Hi there.

From what i can tell Link aggregation on a server will not benefit a single client but i have a kind if reversed case I'm, wondering about.

I have a 10 Gbe card in my workstation and I'm thinking about buying a synology NAS.
The NAShas the ability to team it's 4 gigabit interfaces and i wonder how this will play out when my client tries to communicate with the NAS through my managed switch.

Will i still not be able to utilize the increased speed of the teamed interfaces on the NAS from my client?
I would guess not?

I'm looking at the ds 1517+ model so i do have the option to add a 10gbe interface to it.

Regards

Aggregated connections in general do not help a single client.
If you want higher tranfer rates between your workstation and NAS, then put a 10GbE card in the NAS and connect them directly or via a 10GbE switch.

Aggregated connections in general do not help a single client.
If you want higher tranfer rates between your workstation and NAS, then put a 10GbE card in the NAS and connect them directly or via a 10GbE switch.
Ah, i thought as much. a 10 gbe card for the NAS it is then.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online