What's new

Linksys AC2200 ASUS AC51U wireless bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rccdickens

New Around Here
Im trying to create a wireless to wired bridge from my Linksys AC2200 to my ASUS AC51U. I already have this working on another wireless to wired bridge Linksys AC2200 to Dlink DIR615 (using DD-WRT firmware).

I have tried setting up the AC51U in hybrid mode but cant get it to connect to the Linksys router via wifi.

I have set up the Linksys with DHCP enabled and disabled on the other 2 internal routers

Sky router ip 192.168.0.1
Linksys ip 192.168.1.1 Reserved
DLink ip 192.168.1.2 Reserved
Asus ip 192.168.1.3 Reserved

1670169949970.png

Can anyone help?
Roy

I have tried setting up the AC51U in hybrid mode but cant get it to connect to the Linksys router via wifi.
It sounds like you're trying to use WDS on the Asus? That only supports Open System authentication which I assume (and hope) your Linksys isn't configured for.

I'm also assuming you're using Asus firmware and not something like DD-WRT. In which case AFAIK the only way for the Asus to provide wired and wireless client connectivity while connecting to the Linksys wirelessly is to put it into Repeater mode (if it's supported).

Last edited:
having looked further into it there seems to be no way to do what I want with this router, the only bridge mode it has is wired between the routers and then used as an access point. :(

I may have to install DD-WRT to get the functionality I'm after even though I'm not a fan of the GUI but once its running how often do you actually use your routers web page?

thanks for the help anyway

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!