What's new

Linksys EA4500 vs. Netgear WNDR4500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SGalvin07

New Around Here
Quick question for those that are better than I.

To give a quick summary so that you know what kind of atmosphere I am dealing in, I'll sum it up. My wife owns a dance studio here in Ohio. She is rapidly growing, so we were forced into upgrading from a 3,000 sq/ft building to a 12,000 sq/ft. building. The building needed almost a complete renovation from a warehouse into usable dance studios, so while they were building I ran cat5e cable/ outlets, wired in a patch panel, switch, etc. Most of the computers are wired, however there is one in an office that will be wireless and my wife wants to offer guest access in the lobby for the parents that are waiting for their children to finish.

I have a Netgear WNDR4500 and a Linksys EA4500 at home that I could use to employ the wireless side of the network, is there an obvious winner for reasons that I can come up with? Range? Reliability? Security?

I understand that neither of the routers are ideally secured like a business class router would be, but I'd prefer to use what I already have if possible since we've sunk so much money into the building elsewhere.

Since they both give dual band, my plan was to have the only wireless computer connect on the 5 band, and make up a second ssid on the 2.4 band to offer as the guest wireless. Each would be password protected and isolated.

Thoughts?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!