What's new

Linksys RE9000 MU-MIMO Range Extender Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
linksys_re9000_product.jpg
Linksys' RE9000 MU-MIMO Range Extender is a tri-band extender that provides four-stream backhaul for a surprisingly low price.

Read on SmallNetBuilder

Could the poor 5GHz uplink performance be a bug with the EX8000?

Seems strange how disproportionally slow it is.

Nice review.. you put NETGEAR RE9000 on one of your charts.
I'm not sure what you mean. Neither product was entered into the Charts database.

I couldn't get EX 8000 to work with my Synology RT2600AC, so maybe this one could work for me.
Give it a try. Might work since it's a different (MediaTek) platform.

Could the poor 5GHz uplink performance be a bug with the EX8000?
I explained this in the review. It seems to be due to the use of a single stream in the benchmark process. I have been told by manfs that some devices can't fully load channel bandwidth with only one TCP/IP connection. I'm not sure of the mechanism that causes this.

It's clear, however, not all products suffer from this. So bug? Feature? Dunno.

It's clear, however, not all products suffer from this. So bug? Feature? Dunno.

Bug. TCP and PHY operate on different layers (4 vs 1) - one shouldn’t affect the other. Single client accessing NAS server will be affected by this.

I think NETGEAR RE9000 and Linksys RE9000 is not comparable. The differences are a lot. Apparently they got nothing in common.

I think NETGEAR RE9000 and Linksys RE9000 is not comparable. The differences are a lot. Apparently they got nothing in common.
There is no such thing as a NETGEAR RE9000

Hi

I am facing an issue with this RE. Let me explain:
I am trying to connect RE to a hidden SSID (5G band in channel 161). But this RE is failing to do so.
My observation from wireshark snippet is that RE is not even attempting to connect to the hidden SSID because I don't see any Probe request from it.

So, basically my observation says that this RE may not be capable of doing passive scan in upper 5G channels.

Can someone please suggest any other logs that will be helpful in identifying active vs passive scan behavior of Linksys RE9000?

Thanks,

I know this may be a dumb question, but I'm hunting for a router with better coverage than my RT-AC68P and am curious if this is similar or the same to the MR9000. I've seen several used ones at affordable prices but am aware Linksys uses an app rather than a full featured web UI. Any advice would be welcome

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!